Chapter Seventeen: Questions, questions, questions

I woke up to Eren sleeping on my chest.

"What the fuck brat?! I said I wanted to sleep alone!"

I said as I pushed him off me. His eyes immediately filling with tears, how am I supposed so be my normal irritable self when this kid is so sensitive.

"Tch fine."

I said and Eren crawled up onto me snuggling his head into my chest, I saw the marks I had left on him from my fit last night and I felt my heart sink. I can't be such an asshole around this kid.

If I'm going to be responsible for him I need to be, nicer. I cringed at the word.

I turned on my side and brought the brat closer to me, he wrapped his long arms and legs around my short stature.

"I'm sorry I treated you so roughly last night."

I said tracing my fingers around the bruises.

Eren looked at me silently and blew my black hair out of my face and laughed.

His smile was so sweet, it lit up the entire room.

If I'm so cold, why was someone so warm put into my grasp?

I had to get ready for work but I couldn't leave Eren home with the threat of Erwin still out there, I made Eren wear a turtleneck which looked adorably dorky with his collar over it and we left.

As we walked down the street a black car followed far behind, I was keeping tabs on it but kept loosing sight, maybe I should do the same.

"Run."

I whispered to Eren and I took off running, I grabbed his hand and pulled him to keep him up with me. For a brat with long legs he was slow.

Shit, we were cut off in an ally, corned on both ends now by two black cars.

I tightened my grip on Erens hand, I was not letting go.