Chapter Twenty-Five: So Long Solider

Levi POV

I sat in front of the asshole Grisha at a café. I don't know the name of it nor do I care to look. His call this morning woke me up out of a peaceful rest--now I'm here sitting in front of his face. Just looking at him annoys me. He wants to discuss how we're going to take down The Fritz Company. He's already decided most of the plan so I don't know why he's here talking to me like he considers my input.

"Levi are you listening to me? I'm not going to repeat all this, if you die I'll just take Eren." Grisha scoffs.

"I'm listening as much as I can to your incessant explanation." I shoot daggers at him with my eyes.

Grisha stands up, leaving the café, I guess he was done.

I sat at the table nursing my coffee.

Annie, Reiner and Bertolt were going to go in first and act as a distraction for me and Armin to sneak me in unnoticed. Once we infiltrated Fritz I would go to "discuss" things with the Fritz's founder, Ymir. Grisha would stay outside and talk to us though coms in our ears.

--

I stood in the doorway of mine and Eren's bedroom, the warm light from the  sun glowed on Eren's skin as he softly snored. I walked over to him and cupped his cheek--the sun had warmed his honey tan skin. His mouth was parted into a small "o".

"Hey, Eren, babe wake up."

He nuzzled his cheek into my hand and smiled.

I sat down with him and told him about the plan, surprisingly his supported me. Under one condition-- he had to come. I argued with him about but I eventually caved, something in his beautiful eyes told me he needed to come. 

Two Weeks Later

I sat in a back of a van with my hands in my face--Eren and Armin hadn't stopped talking since we got in the van and it didn't seem like they were going to anytime soon. The two seemed to be close, I wonder If they were friends when Eren was held here.

Grisha sat in the drivers seat, we were parked outside the Fritz Company. It was near the end of the work day and majority of the workers had left the building and gone home. Me and Eren were dressed in the most ridiculous disguises ever.

Eren was dressed as an old lady with a big flowered dress to cover his tail and lean body and a lavender colored bandana over his head to cover his ears. I was dressed as a little boy--her grandson. I couldn't get the scowl off my face..why am I doing this again.  

Annie, Reiner and Bertolt had just gone inside and we were waiting for them to tell us to come in, a flare went off inside and filled the lobby with smoke.

I swung the van door open and we all crawled out and ran to the building and Armin led us in. The green smoke that filled the room scratched at my throat and I coughed. I looked over at Eren and his eyes were watering, my poor baby.

I struggled to keep my eyes on Armin's golden hair as me and Eren followed him through the chaos. People were running back and forth across the lobby, through the green smoke filled room, a red light pulsed in the as a alarm blared through the building. 

We stepped into the elevator the red light flashing in there too. Armin slid a sliver key into a slot and pushed the top floor button. I ripped off the stupid hat I was wearing and helped Eren out of the stupid huge dress he was wearing. Eren brushed the static off his jeans and shirt that he had on underneath the dress and kissed me. We were filled with excitement as kissed each other furiously in the flashing red lights until the elevator suddenly stopped. My hand flew up to one of my guns--of course I brought them.

Me and Eren looked over at Armin.

"What do we do?" I spit out. 

"Climb?" Armin replied.

I opened the small panel on the top of the elevator and I climbed up, Annie was climbing down the elevator shaft--gun in hand. She starting shooting down at me, we were set up.

"It's a trap!" I yelled down to Eren. 

Oh shit, Eren's down there with Armin.

I shot at Annie's wrists, she lost grip on her gun and the latter, she fell and hit the top of the elevator, causing the whole thing to shake.

"Levi! W-what's going on!" Eren yelled from inside the elevator.

I walked over to Annie, she looked up at me, brows furrowed. She would never be able to use her hands again. I grabbed her gun and knocked her out with it.

I dropped down into the elevator.

Armin was crying and holding a knife up to Eren's throat--holding Eren to his chest. Eren's cat ears were pushed down to his head showing that he was scared, his big eyes were welled up with tears. 

"Armin, let Eren go, we can sort this out, I don't want to kill you.."

"I-I can't, I have to get Eren to Ymir or he'll die, he doesn't have much longer left Levi, Levi please." Armin cried as he shook his head no, his yellow hair splashing across his face.

"If you take the knife off Eren's throat, I will follow you yo Ymir."

Armin slowly lowered his knife, his arms shook with fear. He lifted the neckline of his shirt and spoke into a com. Tears ran from his blue eyes.

"You guys can let the elevator come up." Armin spoke into the com.

I quickly grabbed Eren and handed him Annie's gun.

"Shoot, Eren. Whoever is at the top of this elevator, I need you to shoot them."

I showed Eren quickly how to hold the gun and had him hide on the left side of the elevator, I hid on the right after tying Armin up and sticking the knife in my sock. 

Ding

The elevator doors opened and we shot.

I shot Bertolt two times in the chest, he fell to the floor--quickly bleeding out. Reiner ran to him and Eren shot Reiner's  arm.

Armin screamed, his hands flew up to the sides of his head.

Everything moved in slow-mo, it was almost calm. Things were clear but moving slow, Armin's screams seemed distant, Reiner's cries barley reached my ears as he held his shot arm and cried over Bertolt. I held my hand up to Eren.

"Stay, Bright Eyes." I said as I felt tears fall down my cheeks, I didn't want to admit it to myself but I was scared, what if Armin was telling the truth.

What if Eren's dying.

I stepped out of the elevator, the women I assumed as Ymir stood in the middle of the room. Behind her was a slender women with black hair floating in water. She was in, tall, skinny tank. Tubes were gong into her veins and one small one was coming out the nape of her neck.

Eren ran out of the elevator screaming, "Mikasa!!"

Ymir shot Eren and he fell to the ground, I stood there stunned.

Ymir spoke, her voice dripped with greed and power, small brown freckles dusted across her nose and the top of her cheeks and her brown hair was pulled back, "Eren will be fine honey, it's just a dart to silence him for a bit. You've been a hard man to reach, I can't believe you brought Eren here to me. My poor baby is dying, so you made the right choice. You see, Levi, may I call you Levi? I'm calling you that anyway. The stuff I used to turn Eren into a neko gives him a limited time to stay alive. If you allow me to give Eren this, he will be saved--with one condition."

Ymir walked over to the girl in the water tub, she grabbed a small vile that was connected to a tube--the one that went into the girl Mikasa's neck."

"How can I trust you Ymir, how do I know that's not going to kill him?"

A smirk danced across her lips, "You don't baby."