Chapter Twenty-Eight: The End

The text read,

"Hey Eren, it's Hange, Levi's neighbor. I've got this lil man crawled up on my couch exhausted because he's too big of a softie to stick up to you and say he wants to be with you. Can you come over tomorrow and pull his depressed ass off my couch? Thx"

Eren laughed at the text message because it was clear Levi had no clue she sent the message, he would go over tomorrow and see what all the fuss was about.

Mikasa stirred next to Eren and sat up.

"You okay Eren, your laugh woke me up? Mikasa said as serious as ever.

"Yes Mikasa, it's okay for people to laugh."

The two laughed and chatted a bit more, till they fell asleep. Mikasa told Eren she didn't think he should go see that strange little man tomorrow but Eren ignored her.

Eren woke up the next morning and crawled out of bed.

A couple hours later Eren approached Hange's door, he nervously curled his toes and knocked on the. The sound of the knock boomed down the halls in an echo.

Hange opened the door and threw her arms around Erens shoulders.

"Eren! Levi wasn't lying, you don't have cat ears or a tail!" She grabbed Erens hand and pulled him into the apartment.

"Please take Levi back to his apartment and talk to him, I think you are when he needs."

Eren picked up sleeping Levi and carried him across the hallway. The door was unlocked from last night, Eren sighed and laid Levi on his bed.

Eren sat beside him and pulled Levi's head onto his lap.

He ran his long fingers through Levi's hair and hummed a tune to a song he didn't know except the word sunshine.

"I'm sorry Levi but I don't know what to do. I'm sitting here, and it feels like home, but I'm still scared. Look at me talking to you like you're awake. I can tell I loved you before, so I'm scared, what if I'm different now, what if I don't love you now, or you don't like the new me...."

Eren sighed again, he lifted up the light airy comforter and softly crawled under the blanket, he pulled Levi against his chest.

Eren watched a small smile dance across the pale mans lips, short arms wrapped themselves around Eren's torso and the two fell asleep.

Levi woke up to a dark room and pulled himself from Eren.

"Eren, are you awake?"

"I am now."

They both looked over at the alarm clock, it was 12 at night and the two had slept all day.

Eren laughed, "I guess I was tired after my long night of watching movies with Mikasa."

He placed his hand on Levi's chin and pulled his head up so their eyes met, "I'm going to give this a chance."

Levi smirked and crawled on top of Eren and sat on his hips, he quickly leaned down so that their faces were inches apart.

Both mouths were slightly parted open, the warm air from their lips drifted between their faces in anticipation. Levi cupped Eren's face and pulled him into a kiss, Eren was expecting a fast steamy kiss but was met with a soft passionate one. Levi grinded into Eren's hips and Eren let out a moan.

"Levi, I said I wanted to try this as in try getting to know each other again, be in a new relationship, not fuck me right now." Eren pushed Levi off of him and rolled him onto his back and Levi pulled Eren right along with him so that Eren was now on top of him.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, Levi." Eren sat up and crossed his arms.

Levi pushed the lanky boy off him and sat up on the messed up bed next to him in the darkness of the room.

A small sliver of light escaped into the bedroom though the bottom of the door, they looked each other in the eyes and Levi reached out for Eren's arm. Levi pushed Eren's hair behind his ear, leaving his small warm hand on the side of Eren's head.

Levi leaned in a softly slid his lips across Eren's and whispered.

"I will love you till time stops, my bright eyes."