Chapter One: A Bad Day

Levi POV

I stepped into the elevator after an extremely long day at work. I owned a small coffee shop/bookstore down the street. It was my life's greatest pleasure, the aroma of books and coffee around me all day in a dimly lit area with small lamps at each table put me at peace.

There were to many customers today and I had to tell Petra I wasn't interested for the fifth time in two weeks, today I broke and finally told her I was into guys.

I once had a once been in an intimate relationship with Erwin, a man I co-ran the shop with. I own it, manually run the place, he just feeds me the money to keep it running. He was strong and overpowering and only would do top, I hated it, I hated not being in control. He was sick and manipulative, taking over my soft side, something I rarely showed. It was over as soon as I was able to get away. I can barely stand the sight of him now. I shook my head, leaving those thoughts behind.

I stepped into the hallway and out of the elevator to see Hanji running from my apartment and into her own, her glasses slipping off her face and her red brown hair a mess.

"Shit" I mumbled to myself as I quickly walked to my home.

When I opened the door I saw what looked like a teenager Neko on my floor staring at me, with his beautiful striking green eyes. Green didn't even cut it, they were sea green.

I stomped over to Hanji's house opening the door to find her talking to a young man with a shady version of my hair named Jean.

I rolled my eyes.

Hanji was vibrating with energy like always, jumping from the couch and embracing me in an unwelcomed hug.

She exclaimed with way to much excitement,

"Ohhhh Levi! Just in time we were talking about how you guys should take care of your new Neko pet!"

I looked at her just so fucking tired of today, all I wanted was to come home have some tea and sleep.

She was determined to have me keep him and after around 2 hours of arguing with her, I gave in.

I trugged back to my apartment feeling defeated and tired, I ran my left hand though my jet black hair and cringed at the greasiness—I need a shower.

The minute I opened the door the stupid fucking brat was on top of me, I could see his ridiculous tail swaying happily behind him in the air.

"Get the fuck off me you brat!" I spit out at him.

He was frightened by my loud command and got up and ran deeper into the apartment. I swore and stood up and walked to the kitchen to get the tea started. I sat down on the couch and sipped my tea.

"Nothing good on this Tv."

I sighed and relaxed into the soft cushions of the couch only minutes later to realize I have a brat to deal with.

I got ready for bed and put a blanket and pillow on the couch for him and walked off to my bedroom.

The brat was sleeping on my bed, curled up into a ball with his legs and arms tucked into his chest, I threw a blanket over him and left. I sighed and decided to let him sleep there for tonight and went back to couch.

"I'll deal with him in the morning."