Chapter Two: Breakfast and A Brat

I opened my eyes slowly, bright light rushing to gaze, the previous events from last night flooded into my brain, I sighed kicking my legs over the side of the couch, I stood stretching out my limbs. I felt them pop, I sighed again this time in release, feeling the relief.

I smelled, pancakes and sausage? Looking around the room I saw the kid in the kitchen setting the last pancake on a plate, I was conflicted on whether to be grateful because he made breakfast or mad because he infringed on my personal space.

He looked up at me, his sea green eyes staring at me, his eyes flicked up and down and his cheeks became flushed, did he just check me out? Teenagers, tch.

"I-I I'm Eren and Hanji said I would be staying with you and I um, I didn't mean to be so intrusive yesterday. It had been a long day and I was excited to be staying with someone new, my old owners weren't the nicest, but that doesn't matter now, nice to finally meet you Levi."

He awkwardly extended his hand out to me and I shook it. He said finally as though he's heard so much about me, weird?

"I don't have to work today, so I'll teach you my rules."

He simply nodded yes, pulling his plate of food to him and starting to eat, he furiously ate the food shoving it down his throat, he was starving. I just sat down in my chair and put my reading glasses.

"So Levi, what's your favorite color?"

"None of your business" I scoffed.

"Well then what's your favorite food?"

"You don't need to know"

"Aw come on Levi! At least tell me where you work!"

"I work in a small coffee shop/bookstore down the street, happy?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Don't mention it."

He was quiet the rest of breakfast and I found myself strangely wishing he would start talking again.

The brat said something about going and getting a shower and I ignored him and made some tea.

"Levi, what's your favorite type of tea?"

I nearly jumped out of my seat at the bar when he appeared, I turned about and went to tell him to fuck off but my I lost the words in my throat.

He was only wearing a pair of boxers and drying his shitty hair and cat ears. His dark chocolate brown hair was disheveled and loose from rubbing it with a towel. Eren was well toned and had beautifully honey tanned skin. I looked him up and down, when our eyes met I was lost, I couldn't look away, he was so warm, so inviting.

"Levi, ya okay?"

"Yeah of course. Have you ever heard of a comb brat? Your hair looks like a birds nest."

It actually looked nice messy.

I mentally punched myself in the face. He's what 18, that's too young for me, I'm 25, and how long do Nekos live? I don't need to get attached to the him and have him die in like two years. And he's a Neko isn't that like like fucking a cat. Not happening, and why would a brat like an old grumpy man, he probably likes women anyway.

I got up quickly grabbing my glasses and papers and stormed off to my bedroom, as I walked past him my nose was invaded with sweet strawberry and honey smell.

I slammed my bedroom door behind me turning around I placed my hand on the closed door and pressed my warm forehead against the cold wood. Taking a deep breath in and sighing my thoughts ran over and over around how confused he was at my display of anger, I winched. I had gotten angry and probably offended him over something he didn't understand. I wasn't ready for something intimate, not again.

My thoughts rushed back to Erwin, I sighed and slumped down to the floor, my body felt sore and worn down at the thought of him. Erwin is 6 foot 2 and I'm 5 foot 2, he always took advantage of my small stature even though he knew I hated it. I couldn't stand to think about it anymore, why was I thinking about this right now? Why did I feel so weak? I buried my face in my hands and breathed out the air I'd been holding in my lungs. I was sill afraid of him....