Chapter Four: Confused

I woke up in bed, the air was cold and my lips were dry. I felt deep regret in my stomach and I stood up. The house felt tense, the air uneasy.
I sprinted to the couch where Eren should be, he wasn't there.

What if I scared him away?

What if he left me?

I fell to the ground. I don't wanna be alone again, it wouldn't be the same without coming to breakfast and not seeing those sea green eyes, and have the kitchen be empty.

"Eren?" I barely breathed out.

"Eren!"

I turned around to see that Eren stepping out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist looking so innocent, a flash of worry spread across his face.

"Why are you on the floor Levi? You okay?"

He started to walk towards me but I got up and ran to him, I couldn't stop myself.

Before I knew what I was doing my arms were wrapped around him pulling him as close as I could.

"Levi? What's gotten into you?"

That brat never shuts the hell up.

I let go of him, looked at the ground and walked away, away to my bedroom alone where I belong, alone. I was confusing the poor kid, something bad happened last night and it couldn't happen again.

I was so confused myself.

Did I like him. Did he like me. Should I like him? Could I like him?

I screamed, fisting my hands into my hair. Slamming my hands onto my bed.

Eren ran into the room, frantically looking around the room.

He rushed over to me reaching for me.

"Get your hands away!"

Eren cringed at my out burst.

He looked, hurt.

For a second his eyes shone betrayal.

Then sympathy.

I don't want sympathy.

Ring Ring Ring

Eren's phone buzzed on my bedside table.

The contact read "Grisha"

I cleared my throat, roughly picking up the phone.

"Hello?"

A somewhat deep voice in a critical tone responded

"You're not Eren."

"No I'm not, what do you want?"

"I'm Eren's owner"

"No your not I am Eren's owner so how about you fucking leave"

"I created Eren"

"I gave him a collar and he's happy here so how about you leave us the fuck alone"

I pressed the end called button and threw the phone down on the table.

"Hey Eren, I'm gonna get you a collar while I'm out tomorrow for you. Its custom, your going to look amazing."

He looked at me with worry in his eyes and confusion, he opened his mouth but faltered on the thick air between us.

"Alright, Levi."