Chapter 2 - Inland

His name was Shay. That's a start, they sounded American.

"This might be a scary experience for you but trust me, we are far from scary." Shay said casually with his gleaming white teeth.

"My name is Colette, Shay's wife, you must be Harry" Colette had long brown hair, she sat with her hands in her lap. I tried not to be scared, they seemed like nice people but where they just putting it on? It had only been in the room for less than 2 minutes but I had so many questions to ask. I could literally feel the questions flooding out of my ears.

"Where are you from?" I tried not to show fear. It was impossible, just like the nurse they saw straight through me.

Shay stood up and in a happy voice said "Sunny southern California!!!"

"You mean, you came to England for me?" I began to blink rapidly.

"Of course! Why wouldn't we?"

"I'm going to live in California?" My heart was beating rapidly, was he being serious?

"Yes! With us!."

I had done plenty of moving around in my life but never abroad, I had never been off of the island I was born on, Great Britain. I was apparently born in Kent, my mum was too young to look after me so she put me up for adoption. I was transfered to lots of different foster homes all across the country. I went from Kent to Norfolk to Manchester to Liverpool to London and the last foster home I was here in Oxford.

"Are you okay with leaving England?" Colette asked sympathetically. I looked up at her. Her eyes caught onto mine and she just reminded me of the mum's you would see on the magazine's. Caring a full of love for every child. I know this was fate, I was meant to leave England and start fresh with my very own caring family in California.

"Yes, I really want to leave except I have never left." I admit timidly.

"You haven't ever been out of this country?" Shay asked looking confused.

"No Sir, I haven't ever been on a aeroplane." I begin to stare at my shoes, I had never noticed I was this shy.

"Well in a couple of days that statement will be false!"