Chapter 40 - Cloakroom

"Are you ready?" Shay asks knocking on the bathroom door.

"Just a second" I say as I adjust my tie and check my hair one more time. I walk out of the bathroom in my suit and see Shay rushing around in nearly the same attire.

"You ready to go?" Collette asks me as she stands in the doorway in a beautiful blue dress.

"Sure thing" I step out of the doorway and get into the back of Shay's truck, there was no point in me driving. The kids where all with Kayli and Casey so I hope they manage.

We pull up outside the town hall. Shay paid the parking and we were led inside. It was all very fancy and strange to me. I was handed champagne and I look a sip, the lips tingled as the bubbles touched them. I walked around with Shay and Collette and scanned the room to try and find an escape route from talking about crap that frankly I didn't care about.

I suddenly see Natasha in the same position. She scanned the room standing next to her dad looking for a way out, she turned and our eyes met. She was wearing a pretty red dress and looked amazing in it.

I lifted my glass up to her and she did the same. I gestured to go off to the side so I could speak to her, anything would be better than listening to stock prices. I don't even think Collette was interested,

"Thank God you're here!" I remark.

"Ditto, I could stand another conversation about dads American dream." We both laugh together.

As the night dragged closer and closer towards the new year I continued to sit and chat with Natasha, she was an interesting person and I could listen to her stories forever. She was smart and spoke about how much she loved studying certain subject. I lost track of half of the words she was saying as I became hypnotized by her sparkling hazel eyes.

"Are you even listening anymore?" Natasha snickered as I snapped back to reality.

"Has anyone ever told you that you have beautiful eyes" I admit still staring into them, it must of seemed creepy from her point of view.

"Harry Butler what are you trying to pull?"

"I'm trying to pull you"

"Is that some British slang for something?" I stop looking at her eyes and notice what I just said. I basically just admitted to wanting to kiss her before the night is over in British term. Hopefully she doesn't know the meaning of 'pull'. I sit there nervously in silence.

"I'm errrr, going to get some air" I say rubbing the back of my neck and slowly getting up. I smoothly walk backwards whilst looking at her and trip backwards. I can see her giggling at me, I felt as if I had messed everything up already, I took the back exit and felt the fresh air hit my face.

I undid my top button and let myself breath, as the door shut behind me it revealed a girl standing smoking a cigarette. I turned to get a better look at her.

"Since when do you smoke?" I ask the girl with a tone. I hear her take a large breath in she then flicked the cigarette to the floor.

"I didn't mean to hurt you" Katie said coming away from the wall.

"Bullshit" I turn away from her, I thought if I look at her face again I would vomit.

"Harry, I was drunk"

"Not that shitty excuse again. 'ooo blame everything on alcohol and my regrets will be forgotten' You knew what you were doing so don't tell me otherwise" I say mocking her.

"I miss you" she states. I feel the anger build inside me, I know she doesn't miss me one bit.

"Does Becca know?" I blurt out turning to face her again.