Chapter 44 - Slip Up

Sorry for not updating. I was concentrating on another fanfic I have :( Heads up this chapter is pretty pathetic, just something I threw together quickly to get a chapter out for you guys since I feel as if I have been missed xD. Love you guys and I promise to update some more. Bare in mind that this story is coming to an end soon, although don't be too upset as I already had part of a sequel planned but I can't confirm anything. Remember to vote if you enjoy and comment! Also comment every comment means the world to me!

When I got back from LA not much had changed. A week or so later Gavin had his cast removed and things here back in order. Becca's baby was due any day now and it was just waiting for that day to come that brought tension on everything.

"I have no idea.....ridiculous.... Why would they do that" I hear Shay mutter on the phone. I lean on the kitchen counter finishing my homework, a report for history.

After finishing up with the homework I shove it in my bag and wave goodbye to Shay on the phone. He gives me a nod and I climb into my dirty car. The radio turns on automatically as I start the engine revealing a song.

The song was sad. As I drove to school I studied the lyrics, it was about a man who lost his wife in childbirth and had to become a single parent. It was a depressing start to the day so I quickly turned it off and continued to drive to school.

I drove past Katie's house and saw her standing outside with a new guy I hadn't seen before. It still hurt, the idea of her continuously moving on and forgetting about the memories we had but I loved Natasha and that was the way it would stay.

"Harry Butler!" The teacher snaps. My head flicks up from the desk, I was struggling to stay awake. I wasn't even tired I just hate maths. The day dragged on, at school I barely had any friends anymore and spent most of my lunchtimes sitting in the library studying or eating a sandwich in my car, alone. I didn't mind, I just thought about working with Natasha and it always made me feel better.

'So you still want to watch that film later? Xx' It was a text from Natasha.

'Of course!' I reply.

'Good, its so boring in this school. Help me' she sends back.

'I would help you if I could....but, I can't. Unless you want me to pick you up before work?'

'Yes please. Love you xx' she sends making me smile.

'See you soon love you too x'

I put my phone in my pocket and continue to sit in my car for another couple of minutes until the passenger door clicks open. My head turns to see who it was sitting in my car, crying.

"Katie? What the hell are you doing in my car?" I ask the figure who was crying.

She continues to cry and I fold my arms.

"Can you please get out of my car so I can get out as well?" I ask her with a sigh. I had no idea what sort of game she was playing. I felt as if I was being insensitive just pushing her away.

"My....parents split up...my ex boyfriend hates my guts...my boyfriend hates my guts...I'm failing my education...I'm not allowed to be anywhere near my ex best friends new baby. My life fucking sucks at the moment." She whines.

"And..." I stare at her unsure of what to do. I had no idea her parents had split up. All the shit had hit the fan at the wrong time.

"Look, I just wanted someone to talk to. I basically have no more friends everyone is called me a slut"

"They have every right to" I pipe up.

"You're such an asshole. I didn't want to leave you, you were just being so uptight and boring it pissed me off" Katie explains. I had come accustom to hating the sound of her voice.

"I don't like you, please get out of my car" I say calming trying to get her to leave.

"Look, I'm sorry. For the whole Jesse thing, I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doing and then after that you wouldn't accept me so all I had was Jesse." She cries with her hands holding up her head. I stay silent for a moment before finally replying.

"You don't mean anything you say. You never loved me, it was all lies and I was stupid enough to fall for them" I fold my arms again.

"There was one thing I meant and that was I love you. You're the nicest guy I've ever met and I completely ruined everything. I'm so sorry." She says finally removing her head from her hands revealing smudged tears that she quickly wipes away from her face.

I had no idea on how to response. She never loved me if she did she wouldn't of been with Jesse.

"I'm really sorry Harry, I can't stress that enough. I really do love you. We can work things out, the way they used to be. I miss you Haz" as she speaks she uses one of her hands to touch my shoulder and stroke up my arm, she was luring me into one of her evil traps.

I stay with my arms folded. I didn't want to give into her stupid apology. I had to bring the courage to say that I really didn't want to be with her anymore and that I was in love with someone else. I knew that deep down she still loved me even though all of the crap she had done to hurt me, I could see the desperation in her eyes. The guilt spread across her two pupils. But I had to say no, I loved Natasha and that was just the way it was going to be. Natasha was the best thing that had happened to me since all of this started. I couldn't throw that away for some...slut.

"Look I get what you're trying to say but I don't wa-" as I turn to face her to continue confronting her I feel her hand touch against the side of my face and her warm lips press against mine. Immediately they interlock and continue to move in sync.

I had no control over what was happening, it just happened. After I realised what I was doing I pulled away in horror.

"You really need to get out of here....NOW!" I raise my voice slightly. I was angry at her and myself. That kiss what not meant to have happened.

"You kissed back.....you kissed back" she kept repeating slowly to herself. I could of sworn she was going nuts.

"It didn't mean anything. Please just leave" I begged her. I couldn't leave to pick Natasha up with my ex-girlfriend I accidentally kissed in the car.

She gave me a dirty smile and opened the car door and stepped out of it. I brushed my hair back and stared at the ceiling in shock. My heart was beating fast and I began to sweat. I had no idea on what to do, I knew that anyone on the outside of the car could of seen us, if they cared that was a different matter just the idea of Natasha ever finding out shattered my inside. I just kissed Katie. No its fine, Katie kissed me. But then I kissed back. Shit.