Chapter 25 - Dance moves

*Going to be writing longer chapters and posting once a day, if I can :) keeps me happy and gives everyone a chance to catch up. Suggest any ideas in the comments and I will think about them. Remember to vote if you enjoy the story.*

It had been a month since my 16th birthday and the summer had started. Shay had taught me how to drive and we had all the paperwork sorted for me to drive his truck. He didn't like the idea at first but Collette told him he could buy a brand new truck if he wanted. Shay happened to agree and ended up buying a top of the range one. It was built like a tank, it made him feel happier about giving me his old truck. I took good care of it although I didn't drive it that often.

The first day I was able to drive I took Katie to the cinema. I drove us to a quite place after the film in the countryside and we laid in the back looking at the stars. We made out for a long time that night but she said it was the most romantic thing I could do. This made me feel good.

I had finally met Katie's parents, she had finally met mine as well with her T-shirt on this time. Her dad was still curious about me and he had every right, what dad doesn't worry about his daughter messing with boys? Her mum really liked me, it was a shame they were never really around as they worked quite a lot.

When Katie came to meet my family the kids went to stay at Casey's for a bit so they wouldn't disturb the meal we ate together. Katie told Shay how she wants to be a teacher when she is older and they seemed to get on very well. Her and Collette shared the same sense of humour and got on very well.

Jesse still wasn't speaking to me even though I attempted to make up with him. I think he has some home issues but I wasn't ready to say anything since they were just rumours. I kept my distance and tried not to be kissing Katie when Jesse was there, he just glared at me as if what I was doing was as bad as murder. He was just jealous and I knew it.

"Can you take me to Scarlets after school?" Katie asks as she tugs on my lacrosse polo shirt.

"Well, I don't know" I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"Please, she needs help setting up the party" Katie practically sits on me, flirting with me made me give in easier. I couldn't help it.

"I guess I could" I say, she kisses me on the lips.

"Thank you! So are you coming to the party? Its going to be a rager"

"Are you going?" I ask

"Of course, its my friends birthday! I don't want to get drunk alone"

The thought of Katie being alone at a party with loads of other guys sickens me. I know she wouldn't cheat on me but I didn't want her to get drunk and not get home safely.

"You think I'd let you get drunk at a party with other guys around?" I laugh

"Of course not, might have to hook up with one of them if you don't show up" she giggles and strokes the back of my hair.

"I'll have to ask, its not an answer for sure" I think about calling Shay. I decide to go off and call him, I knew he would be editing at this time of the day so it wouldn't be that bad if I rung. I dial his number and wait for an answer.