Chapter 7 - The giant

I wake up from a sleep that I will never forget. I felt safe and not so alone, Shay had told me that just for tonight I would have to sleep oon the 'couch' I would of said sofa but personal preference. It was a large brown sofa and it smelt of dog and crayons. I didn't mind, the smell was soothing. I open my eyes to see the giant blonde monster beside me...Zeke. When I first entered the room it was dark now the light floods in from the window above me. Past my feet I can see a kitchen.

I sit up and rub my eyes, Zeke springs to his feet as soon as he senses movement. I set off to find the bathroom, I peak around the corner from where I was when I first came in last night and I begin to crawl up the stairs. I hear movement, the front door creaks open. Its Shay he's talking to himself, most likely 'vlogging' or whatever they call it. He walks past the stairs where I'm sitting and begins to come up them.

"Oh hey buddy, want to come out with me so the kids can get ready before they meet you?" Shay said with watermelon in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. He was wearing shorts and a sweaty T-shirt.

"I only went for a 3 miles run, I'll go get showered and changed then we can go out for pancakes?" He continued.

My eyes sink into his and I agreed. He tells me to watch the TV whilst he gets ready so I do so. I flick on the TV to be presented by very American channels. Every TV show was American, everyone was talking in American accents and some were hard to process after the past couple of days excitement.

Shay walked into the room holding a apple computer, he put it down on the kitchen table and told me to come with him. I got into a large car with him. It looked like a 4x4 Shay called it a truck. When I think of trucks I think of Transformers. A bit stupid but I was nervous and I had nothing else to think about. I had to meet Shays other kids soon, the kids that might not accept me into their family.