Chapter 35 - Michael Jordan

"It's not that bad" I insist to Natasha as she cleans the blender at the milkshake shop.

"It's going to scare the customers away, keep cleaning this and I'll grab something for you" Natasha laughed and went into the back of the shop where the office is.

We were talking about the steri-strips that were placed on the top of my head making my hair part in a funny manner. She came back with a sky blue cap with a embroidered milkshake on the front.

"Seriously?" I chuckle as I take the hat and place it on my head.

"Don't worry you look cute in your little uniform" she mocks. I stare down at the polo shirt and apron that I'm wearing and shrug.

"Could be worst, I could work in a hot dog place. I could be dressed up as a giant 'wiener' as you Americans say" I was thankful for not having to dress up like penis shaped objects.

It was my first day on the job and I was loving every second. Making the milkshakes was the best as you felt like a witch making a different concoction each time. Sometimes people want more strawberries than they do ice cream.

"So what even happened?" Natasha asked me as I cleaned some of the empty glasses. The shop wasn't very busy at the moment.

"Alcohol happened" I continued to wash the glasses

"You and alcohol, you don't look like the sort of guy" 

"Well, I wasn't the crazy over protective drunk twat with the beer bottle"

"Did you know him?" She asks curiously

"Yep, my friend...apparently" I admitted, I hated the idea of not really having anyone to talk to apart from Katie and maybe a few of the guys at school. Problem was me and Jesse spoke about everything and anything, not having him around made it difficult for me to vent my anger,

"You must of pissed him off pretty bad, did you try to steal his girl?"

"His pregnant girl? nah" I say casually drying up the glasses. She turns to look at me.

"Pregnant?" she replies in shock

"Yep, another effect of alcohol"

"wow, your school sounds like a lot of drama" Natasha mumbled as she turned away and greeted a customer.

It was true, my school was a lot of drama.

The next day I got up and had a shower. I couldn't wash my hair the way I wanted as I wasn't allowed to wash around my injury. I dried off and grabbed a razor from the cupboard and began to shave the slow growing stubble around my top lip and sides of my face.

I finish and study myself in the mirror. I had light brown hair which curled upwards at the front, when I first came to live with the Butlers I had long hair which I quickly asked to get cut when we arrived in Idaho.

I had a six pack from working out, I would of lost it already but Katie digs it. I pull a shirt over my head and stare at myself one last time before eating breakfast and going to school.

I parked my car up outside the school and sat there and studied everyone. I look around, no sign of Jesse still. I hadn't seen him since that night, it was as if he had just gone from the face of the earth. I kind of missed his stupid comments but I was still pretty pissed at the whole concussion thing. All of a sudden my car door opened and it made me jump. Katie got into the passenger seat.

"Should you even be driving?" She questioned as she shut the door behind her.

"Its been a week, I'll be fine" I assured.