Chapter 22 - Angels

It was 5 in the morning. Gavin was poking my back trying to wake me up

"What do you want, go back to sleep" I pull the covers closer to me.

"I heard you crying last night, why is dad annoyed at you" He stands there awkwardly. I sit up in bed, I decide I will speak with Gavin.

"I messed up Gavin, I disobeyed dad and now he hates me" I rub my hands across my face.

"What did you do?"

"Make out with a hot chic" I smile at him.

"Again? Didn't he catch you doing that last summer?"

"That time we weren't half naked" I laugh.

I can see Gavin cringe, its quite funny to watch. I know he's the only one in this family I can get on my side, he respects me enough to understand.

"So dad didn't like it cause you were kissing a girl naked in the house?" He says curiously.

"Well, yeah but we weren't naked. I also sort of disrespected the Mormon church" I had to get that one out in the open.

"Really? I bet he went nuts at that"

"Exactly, now you've heard my story so get your butt back to bed before they come down and see you talking to me" I jab the side of his stomach and he jolts up and laughs.

"Oh yeah and Harry, try not to cry again, I don't like it." Went he says this he leaves the room. I grin. Gavin's comments make me happy. I fall back asleep for the next hour or so. I am woken up by my alarm clock which I beat up with my hand to make it shut up.

"Shut.the.hell.up" I say smashing it with my fist every other word. My head still buried in my pillow.

"Maybe if you pressed it once like a civilised person it would stop" Collette comes in a picks the alarm clock up and turns it off.

"Thanks" I mutter.

"Now get up, Shay wants you on the bus."

I look confused, maybe he was letting me off, he really was a big softie.

"How come?" I question

"Do you really think he wants you in his truck after your little scene last night?"

"Oh" so I wasn't off the hook, I was in a deeper hole than before. At least on the bus I can be with my friends.

I get ignored again at breakfast but this time Shay doesn't even turn up. I use the motorbike to travel down and get on the bus.

"You're here! Old man let you off?" Jesse seems way to excited.

"Not exactly, sort of in more trouble"

"Jesus Christ, what did you do this time?"

"That's the problem, Jesus Christ. I sort of told him I didn't want to be a Mormon."

"What the....dude you can't say that"

"Well, I sort of know that now"

Katie gets onto the bus with her friend Becca.

"I could score that you know" Jesse says as he points to Becca. I look at him as if to say 'seriously' but no words come out of my mouth, I wasn't in the mood.

"I'm going to chat her up, be right back" I sigh and watch as he walks over to Becca and sits on the seat by her.

"Hey, did you fall from heaven because you look like an angel?" Jesse says fluttering his eyelashes at Becca. She stares at him, Katie turns around a laughs at me shrugging my shoulders.

"Hey Jesse, did you fall from the sky? Because you look like a dead bird." I burst out in laughter. I laugh so hard my chest hurts. I look up and see Jesse with shock on his face, a couple of other kids around us laugh too. Jesse had been rejected loads of times but they never had a comeback for a crappy chat up line.

"Stupid bitch" Jesse mutters under his breath as he walks towards me. He looked extremely angry.

"Calm down man" I say patting his back.

"No girl ever takes me seriously I just get laughed at"

"Well you tell them chat up lines for Pete's sake" I laugh again.

"Its just so easy for you isn't it. Perfect little British boy" this remark makes me react.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Well you come here with your pretty boy face and get every girl begging at your feet. 'Oh Harry come be my boyfriend for a couple of days'"

I look at him angrily.

"What are you getting at here?"

"Well I try, Katie's just a slut anyway. She'll get in your pants then screw the next guy in sight"

I look him in the eyes and then swing a punch at his face.

"What the f-" he holds the side of his face.

"Screw you Jesse, at least I treat women with respect. At least I can man up and actually admit to loving a girl instead of trying to find a proustite that would screw a 15 year old" I stand up, he punches me in the balls and I fall back. My stomach churns.

He walks over to me as the bus jolts around the corner. He kneels down and I kick him in the chin.

"You know, your parents probably ditched you because you're an asshole. Don't see why some rich people picked you up, you don't deserve that" I get up and finish him off by punching him in the side of the face again. This time blood from his nose sprays on the bus seat.

"Pussy." I spit on him and walk off the bus as it comes to a stop outside of school. Good timing.