Chapter 16 - Grounded

Shay walks in, he has an extremely angry look on his face. The officer gives him details of the incident and tells him it was more likely a peer pressure thing than me doing it on my own. Which I thank the officer for because Shay might be a little less angry at me if he knows it wasn't my fault.

Shay pushes me out of the shop and signals for me to get into the truck. He hasn't spoken to me once. We sit in silence all the way home, I look out the window and see Hugh and Nick skating down an alleyway. Idiots. This is the last time I go out in LA I thought to myself.

We pull up in the driveway of the house and Shay turns off the engine.

"I'm sorry" I say, feeling extremely guilty.

"I trusted you Harry" Shay said with disappointment in his voice.

"I know, I was just with the wrong people" I tried to defend myself.

"Well next time you won't be going out in LA alone. When we go to Idaho its just going to be our family and you're going to stay on that plot of land and only leave for events and school. You understand?"

"Yes Sir"

"Now go up in your room, I don't want to see your face until tomorrow, and give me that money back considering you don't seem to know how to use it." He gets out the truck and slams the door. I get out and put my head down and waddle upstairs.

It really was being grounded in this room since the only thing there was is my bed and a lamp. I spent most of my time looking out the window, waiting for something interesting to happen. After a couple of hours Gavin walks in.

"Did you get arrested?" He asks

"No, just cautioned. It wasn't even my fault, I just got caught in the wrong crowd" I ask for Gavin's forgiveness even though he doesn't need it.

"Oh" he plays with a yo-yo by the window

"There's a lesson to be learnt here Gav, know who your friends are" I turn over and face the wall on my bed. He sees this as a signal to leave and does so. I get ready for bed and go back to bed, I didn't even have the confidence to go downstairs and ask for dinner, I didn't think I deserved it.  Gavin brought me a bottle of water halfway through the evening. He seemed to be on my side, which I liked.

I slept the entire way through the night due to the eventful day before.

"GET UP" I look around and see Shay standing in the door way shouting. I wasn't sure what I'd done but I didn't want to find out so I sat up immediately.

"I thought I could knock some sense into you by making you do some work, they need someone to help package the merchandise at Rodeo Arcade." Shay opens the curtains in the room.

"Okay..." I say still trying to wake up.

"I'll be leaving in 30 minutes, get some breakfast, some clothes and clean yourself up." Shay leaves.

I proceed to do that things he says as I don't want to become a bad person towards him. Collette shows sympathy to me as she makes me breakfast, I apologise to her for what I did.

"Everyone makes mistakes, just don't EVER do it again" she was stern but comforting.

I get into Shays truck and wait for him to come. He gets in and drives us to Maker Studios. I was greeted by everyone there and welcomed into the merchandise section of the building. There was boxes and boxes of 'Shaycarl' socks and shirts. 'Pewdiepie' striped T-shirt and other various T-shirt. I was told I'd be working with the printing labels and packaging at first which I found quite easy but boring a repetitive. An order would come through on a computer and I would have to print a shipping label. Someone else would find the item and package it. I would still the label on.

Shay was apparently doing some business work in the offices. I was stuck here printing 3 inch labels and sticking them on plastic bags. I didn't mind, it wasn't exactly a punishment I would of thought to get. But I'd prefer this to being hit round the back of the head with a saucepan.

I was told to go on a lunch break and find Shay. I found him working on a video in a green screen room. After he stops he walks over and asks me how everything's going.

"Its all good, I did over 120 packages" I say proudly.

"Not good enough" Shay laughs

I think he was joking. But I can never be too sure with this man. He finds me a sandwich to eat and I tuck straight into it. It was ham and cheese. He also gives me some more bottled water to drink.

After a couple more hours we go back home and Gavin asks me for help to build this project he was doing for scouts. It was quite entertaining to do and kept my mind off of yesterdays shenanigans.

"The polar bear goes on this part cause the ice bergs are melting." We were making a model of global warming. We finished it up by painting little figures to put inside the box. Zeke came up and got paint on his nose a couple of times. This made Brock laugh which was quite entertaining. I was laughing to which made me feel quite guilty since I felt I had no place to laugh after what I did.

I was invited to sit with the family at dinner. I sat up after dinner and said to my entire family.

"I am sorry for my actions and the stress it has caused in this family. I will think twice before acting the way I did. I apologise for setting a bad example and I will not do it again" I sit back down and the entire family is now staring at me.

Shay claps his hands. He seems proud with me. Everyone else begins to clap. I smile.