Chapter 17 - Time Skip

Its been a year since the incident in LA. Daxton has been born and its a couple of weeks until my 16th birthday. We live in Idaho now and I have had an entire school year at my new school in Idaho. I have met some amazing people along the way including Jesse my best friend. He has scruffy brown hair and loves being weird. But he's a great friend and that's all I could ask for, I feel as if I've known him for years.

I drive the small motorbike up the road from the bottom of the property to the house. It chugs along as it struggles to get up the hill after a while. I rev it to go faster and it jolts as it tackles the hill. I finally get to the house and park it up.

"Me and Gav are going to go shoot the gun, want to come?" Shay asks coming out of the house with Gavin.

"I got homework, I will later though" I lie.

"That's my boy" He walks past a roughs my hair, Gavin fist bumps me and walks by me. I walk into the house.

"Hey mom" I say to Collette. I call her mom because it seems more polite in a way.

Collette has Daxton in her hands and is in the kitchen cooking something that smells like heaven itself.

"Hey Harry, have a good day at school?" She asks stirring a pot.

"Yeah it was alright I guess, need any help?" I say as I pick an apple up off the counter.

"I'm fine, the girls are down at Casey's with Brock." She continues to stir, adding a different spice every now and then.

I walk upstairs to my bedroom. The house is massive compared to the place in LA but its just how I'm used to living now. I put my backpack by my door. My room is a blue colour and I own a double bed. I have a set of drawers and a TV that I have never actually used, it was just kind of put there. I had some weights tucked under my bed and a longboard leaned up against the wall near the Gibson guitar I got for Christmas.

I took my shoes off and put them by my bed and took my phone out of NY pocket. I had two texts. One from Jesse and another from Katie. Katie was a girl in my science class that I really liked. It was an excitement to get a text from her, I never really had the guts to ask her out though.

I open Katie's message first - "Can you come round mine to help me with the Biology work?"

She wants me to go to her house and help her with the homework? Yes please. I text her back.

"Sure when should I come round?"

I then read Jesse's text - "You about this weekend? Thinking about going hiking for a bit. Trying to get Tasha to come"

I studied the text and realised that Jesse was also having girl problems by the sound of it. I wait for a reply from Katie and begin to get ready. I grab my longboard as Katie's house is a 15 minute walk. Cut down to an 8 minute longboard ride.

She replies - "Now?"

I send a quick text back - "will be there in 10 minutes"

I say goodbye to Collette. "Going out now, see yah"

"Where are you going?" She asks poking her head out of the dinner and looking at me.

"Just going to do a school project with erm Jesse" I lied, if Shay found out I was going to be studying with a girl he would go insane. He was extremely strict when it came to girlfriends. Earlier in the year when I had first joined the new school in Idaho I went out with this girl. Shay caught me making out with her round the back of the house and I got grounded for 3 weeks. He constantly makes out with Collette....so I don't see the problem.

I got out of the house and sped down the hill to the main road. I whizzed through the country lanes. It was peaceful. The houses where more spread out in Idaho but none of my friends lived miles away. It was all kind of one big community. I continued to bomb the roads on my longboard going at least 15mph. I finally reached Katie's house, I had made the journey before when she had accidentally put her phone in my bag during Science. We have the same phones and they practically look identical apart from mine has a chip taken out of the top.

I knock on the door. I wait a couple of seconds until the door is opened and I am greeted by a beautiful figure, it was Katie.

"Hey" I say

"Hey, come in. Sorry to ask you, I just think we need to work on it together rather than try to tackle it on our own" She leads me into the house and takes me to the living room where she has the biology work set out on the table. I get out my books and place them on the table next to hers.

"Want a drink? Cup of tea?" She asks

"Seriously, just because I'm British doesn't mean I like tea! That joke will never get old, will it?" I laugh

"Nope" she giggles and skips into the kitchen

She brings back two glasses of coca cola. I thank her and we get to work on the project. I try my best at flirting, I was sure it was working she seemed to laugh at all my jokes and appreciate my company. I teased her which made her giggle. We actually had fun and got the work done which was a huge plus. No one was in her house which made me a little uncomfortable at first but I got used to it and enjoyed the time with her alone, not in a school environment.

We were packing up when I dropped a textbook on the floor. We both grabbed it at the same time and bumped heads. It was like a romantic film because just like that we sat up and I said with confidence that came from no where 'You have beautiful eyes'.

She looks at me "thanks" she smiles and twirls the end of her hair with her finger.

"I like the way your hair flicks to the side, its kind of funny" she says to me in return.

"Erm, okay?" I say, it makes her laugh. I scoot closer to her. I brush the hair away from her shoulders and put it behind her. She comes closer towards me and we kiss. It seemed so predicable to think about but it just happened, like it did in the films and novels. Maybe not every movie is full of rubbish.

The kiss lasts longer than I expect and turns into a full on make out session. She wasn't complaining so I just continued to use my charm. I grab her butt and boobs every now and them and she just replies by smiling which I can tell by the change of shape on her lips.

"Harry, I've felt this way towards you for months" She says.

"Really? Me too" I keep kissing her.