Chapter 32 - Jobseeker

Me and Jesse spent the rest of that night cleaning Shays truck to perfection. When we woke up in the morning Shay inspected it and gave us $100 plus a $20 tip.

"You guys can't just rely on me for money, you need to find a job" Shay passed us the money and I thanked him.

Shay was right, I really did need a job I couldn't rely on the family that had already done so much for me. I decided that after school I would go to the mall and look for something to do. Jesse and me had planned for us and the girls to go out on the weekend and I had agreed. We were going to go out for a meal and then go to the cinema. I thought that was a good idea and I said I would drive.

After school I dropped Jesse off at Becca's and headed to the mall. I began to walk around in my red hoodie and jeans. I walked past all the shops that I liked and looked to see if any had any vacancies.

I went into the milkshake shop me and Jesse usually go in and sat down in a chair after I ordered my chocolate milkshake. I sat there on my own watching people outside the store walking about with shopping bags.

"Are you okay?" A tall blonde girl in a sky blue polo shirt with 'Shake make Milkshakes' printed on her shirt.

"Yeah, just...enjoying my milkshake" I hold it up and laugh. She looks at me as if I'm insane so I put my head back down.

"How come you're here alone? Are you waiting for someone?" I couldn't help but feel she was nosey and prying into my business.

"I'm looking for a job, its harder than you think" I state. I brush my hair back.

"I'm Natasha, my dad owns this place. I kind of have to work here" She laughs and holds out her hand for me to shake. I smile and shake her hand politely.

"Harry"

"You speak with an accent, where are you from?"

"English boy"

"Surprised you're drinking milkshake, we sell tea as well" she laughs at her own joke and I frown.

"Seriously?" This was about the third time this had happened.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to"

"Don't worry, I don't even like tea" I look at her and shrug my shoulders.

"You want to hang around? You could ask my dad for a job, it gets pretty busy near Christmas. He'll be here at 5."

"That would be great!" I was really excited.

I loved this milkshake joint and I knew John the owner as me and Jesse are regulars. I felt quite confident and waited till 5 to beg the man for a job. I see him walk into the shop and he nods at me and I nod back, friendly gesture.

I can see Natasha talking to him, supposedly talking about me. He walks over to me and I take my head away from my phone. He comes over with a sky blue polo shirt whilst Natasha serves some more customers.

"We need the help, you got the job" he throws the T-shirt to me.

"But, is that it? Do you not want to see my CV or anything?"

"Its a milkshake shop kid, its not bloody NASA. You start Monday at 4 until 6. Don't be late." he goes back behind the counter.

I never knew it was that easy to get a job, I must of just been extremely lucky. I thank him and leave. When I get into my car I was too excited to hold it in and I ring Shay.

"I got a job" I shout down the phone.

"Really, where?" He sounds surprised

"The milkshake place in the mall"