Chapter 3 - Possessions

I packed my bags with the very little possessions that I owned. The clothes from many different foster families had past on, a collection of classic books - Of Mice And Men, Oliver Twist, To Kill A Mockingbird and a battered copy of The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer. In a previous foster family I stayed with a man who enjoyed old classic books,he had several copy's of each of the books so he gave some to me. I have only ever read one of the books and that was Of Mice And Men.

I stepped out of the hallway in the place I was staying and there in front of me was a new red suitcase. I put down the tatty box I was holding full of possessions and looked and the suitcase. The material was smooth and it smelt brand new. There was a tag on the top of the suitcase it read:

'Pack everything in here you have, meet us outside at 2pm.-Love Shay and Collette xxx'

I stepped back in the room and looked at the clock-1:50pm, I had 10 minutes. I rolled the suitcase back into my room and unzipped it. Inside was a passport,sunglasses, a cap with a strange s shape on the front and a selection of crosswords and word searches.

I picked up the cap and examined it. It was grey and had the s on the front of it, probably some American company. I placed the passport in my pocket, the cap on my head and hooked the sunglasses to my T-shirt, I looked like a tourist. But I wasn't going to be a tourist in America. I was going to live there.

When I transferred all of my possessions from the box to the new suitcase I dragged the suitcase out of the building and waited on a brick wall outside. After 10 minutes of waiting it was well after 2pm, maybe they had forgotten about me already. Just as I was thinking about going back inside a taxi pulls up beside me. A blacked out window rolls down and Shay pops his head out.

"One ride to Heathrow airport!" He shouts with a smile.