Chapter 28 - Dog Days

It was 3 weeks since the party. There was still a few weeks left of summer.

"I'm not pregnant" Katie says as she hugs me.

"Huh?"

"I'm not pregnant, you're safe" she smiles and hugs me again. I hold her close taking a sigh of relief. After staying for a little while I had to head home as I promised Shay I would edit yesterdays vlog whilst he is out with Blake doing some filming for a brand deal.

When I get home I am greeted by a happy Zeke and I could see he was lonely in the house. Collette and the kids where out shopping, how she does it with all of them I have no idea. I wish I could help her sometimes but she insists that she is fine and can handle it herself.

I edit the vlog and set it to upload, Zeke lays his head in my lap. I could tell he wanted to go out.

"Want to go out boy?" Zeke barks back and wags his tail. I had never taken him out in the truck before.

I called up Katie and asked if she wanted to come out again. She said yes. I got Zeke to jump in the back and he did as he was told. I rolled down the window and let Zeke poke his head out. I went and picked up Katie.

"Oh hey Zeke!" She said patting him on his head that would currently slobbering down the side of my door. She gets in and sits next to me.

It was definitely a dog day. Hot and sweaty. I put on my sunglasses before driving.

"Where should we take him?" I said thinking about the parks around this place.

"We could go hiking? If we go to the shop first to grab a drink"

"Yeah sure" I smile at the idea of hiking and pull into the nearest gas station. She gets out and I give her some money to get some drinks. Zeke puts his head on my shoulder and I pat his head. I text Shay to tell him where I am 'Taken Zeke hiking with me and Katie, not going for very long. Tell mum to save me some dinner'.

Katie gets back in the car with three water bottles.

"I got one for Zeke" I kiss her and smile.

I turn on the radio and we have a sing along on the way to the mountain. We end up singing whatislove by Haddaway. I end up bobbing my head like Jim Carrey and Katie laughs, it probably wasn't the best thing to do since I was the one driving.

We get to the mountain and begin to walk. Zeke trails behind and sometimes runs in front. We walk for over an hour and then decide to turn around since Zeke was looking tired and I didn't fancy carrying him down from the top of a mountain. We stop halfway going down to rest, there was a sunset.

I had been holding Katie's hands nearly the entire time we were walking. We were talking about everything on our minds and things that had been happening at home. We sat down on the edge and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"I love you" I said, completely honest. She was the girl of my dreams turned into reality.

"I love you t-" her sentence was interrupted by my phone ringing, I expected it to be Shay.

"I don't know what to do" Jesse says down the phone.

"What?" Katie looks up at me, I think she can hear the conversation.

"I...Becca she" he panics

"What? Stop messing around spit it out" I shout getting frustrated.

"She's...oh god"

"She's dead?" I ask really concerned

"No, she's pregnant"

"What the fuck?" I say looking at Katie in shock.