Chapter 4 - Who Are These People?

The sounds of aeroplanes rattled the airport. The airport was filled with so many different people, different religions, different cultures, different life's. Everyone seemed to run past me, my new mum and dad. Flashes of different colours came from every direction. I sat down on a chair and Colette came and sat by me.

"We are usually a healthy family but on this one time occasion, would you like a McDonalds?" she said studying the times for the different aeroplanes.

I looked up at her and replied with "Yes,that would be nice, thanks."

"What do you usually have when you eat out there?" she finally looked at me.

I looked back into her eyes, I couldn't lie to her so I said truthfully "I've never had one before."

Shay came over after I finished my sentence. Colette turned to Shay. "Harry has never had a McDonald's before."

"Well just like the statement you told me earlier, I am going to make sure it becomes false." Shay said as he began to take his wallet out of his pocket.

"Would you like a cheeseburger? I'm sure you will love it!" Shay murmured slowly as he counted up his British pounds. "I guess that sounds okay" I said slowly unsure of my decision.

After around 5 minutes of sitting with Colette next to me on her phone I looked around seeing all of the different people. I wondered to myself where each one of the people where going, whether they where going on holiday or going to see family or any other reason that might occur. Then all of a sudden I saw Shay walk around the corner with a camera he was holding in front of his face, I was confused so I tried not to look. Maybe these new parents where just vain? Shay carried a small brown bag over to me and Colette and put the camera in his pocket. He reached into the small brown bag and revealed a small box, a box with the word cheeseburger on, he also placed a funny shaped box with chips in and a drink. "I got you lemonade, I hope you like it." Shay smiled at me a began to empty the rest of the contents of the bag onto Colette's lap.

I ate the burger, it was the greasiest thing I had ever tasted but it was by far one of the best things I had ever tasted. Maybe it was sad that the best thing I have tasted was a McDonald's burger but I hadn't really gotten out much the past 14 years. I watched the red suitcase be loaded onto the aeroplane along with Shay and Colette's black suitcase.

A little while later, full to the brim with one of the most famous fast food chains meal the plane was ready to board. We walked into the terminal as some man came up to Shay and asked him for a picture.

"Hey Shay, I watch your videos everyday, can I have a picture with you?." I was confused so I looked in a different direction, was my new family a bunch of celebrities?