Chapter 4: The FACE

America's POV

"Down!" I yelled as all the soldiers went down.

"Up!" I yelled. They went up.

It was as simple as that. I continued to do this, training my military by starting off with push ups. England was sitting at the table, sipping on a cup of tea. Thank God it wasn't Rum.

Once they were done with push-ups, they started to do combat. I watch as they fought each other, as if they were fighting the enemy. It just seemed as if, they wanted to win this time. And going against those stupid Commies again, I'll gladly beat their ass.

"Ohohohohon," France said, walking by. He watched how the military was training. "We're winning this war for sure."

"Hmp, I get to be the hero again so why not?" I said as England rolled his eyes, walking over to France and I.

"Again, you bloody git, again with this hero nonsense. If your going to go out and kill bloody soldiers, than that's not a hero," England said as I nodded, grinning as I watched them train.

"Still, I like to think of the people I would kill a villain," I said as France did his signature laugh. I looked around campus with my arm crossed and one eyebrow raised. "Where's Canada?"

"U-Um, I'm right here," I heard him say when I realized he was standing at France's side.

"Oh. Sorry, bro I didn't see you there," I said as Canada shrugged, still hugging Kuma tight.

"I-It's okay, I'm used to it," Canada said as England looked at him weird.

"Are you sure you can fight in war, Canada?" England asked as Canada nodded, with a smile on his face.

"It would notice me more, so why not?" Canada said, France sighed, shaking his head.

"Time has passed this much. I'm still surprised. It feels just like yesterday when Paris was attacked," France said as I nodded.

"Yep. It just feels like a week ago I won my independence from England," I said and grinned.

"Tch," England said, crossing his arms and not taking part in any more of the conversation.

"Papa...is it true, that every country will be fighting?" Canada asked Ina. Shy time. France nodded. Canada hid his face behind Kuma. Before that, I could tell that his face was red. As if he were blushing, or something.

"Y-You see...there's someone, a country, I've been wanting to see. He actually noticed me when he looked at m-" England cut Canada off.

"Hold on, he?!" England asked. Canada nodded shyly. Before England got really mad, I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Iggy, calm down. Most of the countries are guys anyways," I said as England nodded. I knew what he was talking about. France and England didn't.

He was talking about Prussia. There was even a place in Canada's country called New Prussia, which surprised me. He has been longing to see him again, ever since he went to his country.

"I'm surprised your Canadian troops are really strong," I told him as Canada smiled, nodding.

"Y-Yeah they are, eh? Even though I may be shy..," Canada reached for my arm, literally almost bending it. I yelled out in pain, yet really surprised. "I'm quite strong, too."

He let go of my arm as I held it close to my chest into my other arm, as if I was cradling it. France laughed and patted Canada's back. "I have taught you well, Canada!"

"Thank you, Papa," be said as England stood there in shock like I did. The fact that he almost bent my arm and could break it.

I got out a hamburger and stared at it with my mouth drooling. "Man, I'll really miss these. I'll be having to eat MREs for the whole war," I said in sadness as I quickly devoured my hamburger. Everyone looked at me oddly, including some of the soldiers.

"What are MREs?" France asked.

"They're....," the rest of what I said was with my mouth full, so they couldn't understand me. Canada ended up explaining for him.

"They're Meal Ready to Eat. It's food in packs and they have a slot where you heat up your food."

France sighed in sadness as Canada handed him one. He looked at the pack with a frown on his face. "I'll miss gourmet food," France said and started to fake sob.

England smirks and put elbow resting on France's shoulder. "Maybe, I should cook. I could cook over an open fire and make some sco-"

"NO!" France and I exclaimed in horror at the same time when England mentioned that. Canada started to quiver in fear and hugged Kuma tight. The soldiers looked at us weird as I looked back at them and glared.

"Y-You saw nothing! Get back to training!" I exclaimed as they continued to train, and they did as I said.

"I'll take that as an extreme no," England said sadly as I sighed in relief, and France almost collapsed. Canada calmed down, too. Thoughts started to race through my mind.

If we win, that means I've hurt many of my former allies. It just seemed possible, that my hero image is nothing but a faded image. I can't accept that. I'll just attack the communists and members of the former axis powers, of course, since I still have that crush.

I have an ally. Philippines. Of course, I'm more of her ally. I don't have a love interest in her, we're only friends. Besides, I think there's a possibility if I have any ties like girlfriend, or boyfriend even, then there's a chance they could catch me off guard.

Canada is the opposite of me. He wants to make allies, since he's shy and thinks of himself weak, so he has to rely on people. So far, only FACE is what he's relied on. I know Prussia myself...

But on the battlefield, we're all enemies. People could turn against each other any time.