Chapter 7: The Baltics

Lithuania's POV

Estonia, Latvia, Ukraine, and I managed to escape. Russia held us captive after World War 4. Thanks to Ukraine's pitchfork and Estonia's laptop allowing us to contact Poland, we wouldn't have been saved. Right now, all five of us were at Poland's house, which I remembered and seen before.

Estonia felt at home gladly logging into the wifi. Latvia for once had stopped shuddering in fear, and Ukraine was sitting on the sofa, her face holding a sad expression on her face. Possibly the thought of Belarus separating from her to join Russia. Ukraine was still a bit of a crybaby, so she started to cry.

"Th-Thank you, Poland. We would have died," I said as Poland grinned, nodding his head.

"It's like, totally my pleasure," Poland said. I noticed that almost the whole house was pink. Of course, I was expecting that from Poland.

Poland introduced us to our rooms as I had the room closest to the bathroom, which was both a good and bad thing. I managed to take something with me. A knife, where I killed someone...

It held a deep root to me, and I couldn't take it away from my mind. I try to pretend I never did, but I killed someone. A country. A country with this knife.

She was the smallest thing on earth. Almost, like a little kid. A new country was developed in  2075. It was a country in Antarctica. She had a snow dog named Eski. Her country name was Anta, yet her human name was Anna.

We knew each other for quite a while. However, her country was nothing but an ice cap. Due to time, it started to melt away.

"Kill me already, Lithuania...please..."

Those words rang in my mind over and over again. Blood was still shed on the knife. I threw it to the ground as tears escaped my eyes.

Now another World War was going to happen. I had a military ready from the country. However, it was weak. Something like this happened with Latvia, Estonia, and Ukraine.

We were happy to have Poland on our team, which seemed to be better than working for the Communists. Even so, we might be the weakest team in the war.

But I didn't care. I would be forced to kill people. At least, they were people I knew, unlike the country...

No, I can't be thinking of that. Even so, I could hear Ukraine crying from the other room with both Poland attempting to comfort her. All I could hear her say was Belarus. Which meant, that she was working for the Communists, as I suspected. She loved Russia too much to be on the opposite team as him.

Poland called us in for a meeting, since the war was pretty soon. We wanted to plan things already, as one of the weakest groups in the war.

Estonia had done the research and was the one to explain everything, since Poland said the words 'like' and 'totally' a bit too much.

Estonia showed what was going on in the battlefield. He knew that they would take us to an advantage, and pretend that another group took Poland captive, so they would see us as a weak spot. If that laid a finger on any of us, the Polish troops would attack in a sneaky way. The Polish would be wearing pink, as designed by Latvia.

Latvia's troops would be in green, symbolizing camouflage group. We would be out in the open, shooting any shoulders outside our base down. Since he was so fragile and frail, Estonia will lend some of his working men to Latvia.

Estonia will stay inside, launching missles and sending out warnings. His colors would be blue.

Ukraine would be inside, tending wounds to the soldiers as some of her soldiers would be with my group. Ukraine's group had a yellow armband. The people with medical training had an orange armband.

Finally, there was mine, red. My troops would be the one, oh God, I don't even want to think about it.

Collecting the bodies so that we wouldn't be caught as the one killing them and throw them in a fire pit.

Everyone's armband had a signal to send in the Polish troops in need of it. So that was a relief that Estonia created those.

The very next day, Poland supplied all of us with the suitable weapons. Ukraine had a trident, similar to her pitchfork. Estonia had a stun gun, Latvia had a small pistol. And I was left with pocket knifes.

Even so, I kept on thinking of that little, small and innocent country, that I killed. I gulped, holding the knives in my hand, trembling while doing so, as I practiced outside.

Even with trembling hands, I had an 80% accuracy. I didn't want it. The fact that, I killed a country with a knife, only made me tremble weakly, but my accuracy kept on improving.

I ended up putting the knives down and I was in my bed, feeling as if I was going to die. Anta's soul might even be following me around this whole time. She knew that she was the one I've been thinking of, but I cannot get her out of my head.

I held the knife in my hand, picking it up from the floor. I closed my eyes, trying my best to sleep, as if the little country was still alive. As if, she was still there with her little snow dog Eski at her side. I smiled, and eventually fell asleep, having a good dream.

Author note! So, I introduced you guys to Anta! My OC and my OC ONLY! So, Anta is to Lithuania like Joan was to France. Anta is as old as Liechtenstein was, and was as small and frail.

Her dog Eski, is named after her Capitol. Her population is only 13, since not a lot of people go to Antarctica, only science researchers.

Lithuania met her since his country went there to investigate possible global warming. When they met, they became friends. Then global warming began, and she was suffering, so she wanted Lithuania to kill her.

Lithuania regrets it to this day and feels as if it was his fault. It really wasn't.

Next chapter: Ancient Generation