t h r e e

"Come with me..."

That voice, it was haunting me. Worse than Pansy Parkinson's voice, if I may add. And no one seemed to hear it besides me.

"Blood... I smell blood..."

I had been hearing it ever since last night, when I woke up abruptly in the middle of my sleep. It was like a snake, with all the hissing and whispering, but I was pretty sure there was no snake in the castle. I spoke parseltongue, I had spoken to a python before, so I knew.

"Let me rip you... Let me kill you..."

And it was everywhere this morning. Everywhere I went, everywhere I stood, everywhere I sat, I heard that whispering voice in my ears. I asked Juliette when we were having breakfast, but she looked at me as if I was going mad because of all the homework.

"You know, skip some classes, talk to Madam Pomfrey, it can help." That was what she told me.

And she called herself my best friend.

I was walking back to the common room that evening, my head aching because of hearing the voice all day, though I did try to block it out of my ears, I found Hermione, Ron and Harry. Yes, I started calling them by their names since they became my friends. And I decided to approach them.

"Hear what?" I heard Ron asked when I was close enough to them.

"That... voice." Harry said.

"Voice? What voice?" Hermione asked.

"I heard it too." I spoke up as I stood next to Hermione "All day since last night."

"Oh hey Nov." Harry smiled.

"Hey Harry." I nodded.

"What do you think it is?" He asked.

"I think of a snake, actually. I'm a parselmouth, I heard something like that came out of the mouth of a snake or a python." I told him.

"I heard it first in Lockhart's office and then again, just..."

And we heard it again.

"... Kill... Time to kill."

"It's moving." I said.

"I think it's going to kill." Harry said.

Like we understood what each other was thinking, we both bolted to the same direction, leaving Hermione and Ron behind with confusion splashed on their faces before starting to follow. Harry was a boy and also a year older than me, so he was a bit ahead, taking three steps at once down the marble stairs as I was right behind him, trying to catch up. We rushed through the archway and Harry stopped abruptly, causing me to slam into his back and fell backwards.

Water was oozing out all over the floor, surrounding our feet. The hissing voice was gone, to my relief, as my head had been aching all day because of it. And reflected in the shimmering water on the ground was something red. Words.

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened.
Enemies of the heir... Beware.

"What's the Chamber of Secrets?" Harry asked "And is that...?"

"Filch's cat." I breathed "I heard that the Chamber of Secrets was Slytherin's, but no one actually knows where it is."

"Harry, November, what are you doing?" Finally, Ron and Hermione had caught up.

Harry and I were still staring at the words written by blood on the wall. He pointed at it for the other two to read. And of course, they wouldn't know anything about the Chamber of Secrets, even most Slytherins didn't know the story. The two also noticed Filch's cat, Mrs.Norris hanging under the words, dead or not, we didn't know.