t e n

Finally, after a long summer, I left the Knight Bus to enter the King's Cross Station, readied for second year at Hogwarts. I said goodbye to Stan, Ern and shrunken head who looked rather happy to see me leaving.

I tried looking for Harry, Ron and Hermione as soon as I went through the brick wall, but I couldn't find them anywhere. Instead, I found George, Fred, Luna and Ginny.

"Hey there Novie..." Yes, Fred kinda had a new nickname for me.

"Great summer?" George asked flinging his arms around my shoulders.

"If you say spending the whole time on a crazy speedy bus with strangers and rather weirdos great, then I had a fantastic summer." I pat his hand.

"Hey November." Luna greeted, as well as Ginny.

Ginny seemed to have gotten her colors back after the Chamber of Secrets incident, which we never wanted to remind her about. She had a tough time after that, being questioned and all, but the summer at home with her Weasleys made her feel better, I suppose. At that thought, I found myself yearning for a family. But I shook that feeling away immediately, knowing it would never happen. I have no family.

We went on the train and found an empty compartment to sit in. Fred and George began to go on and on with the new tricks they came up over the summer, Luna kept on with her talks about Nargles which by now I still couldn't stand, and Ginny was being herself, quiet and listening. The train started moving, and through the glass entrance of the compartment, I could see Malfoy and his group walked by. They stopped at ours, pointing and laughing, then Malfoy swung open the door.

"There, Avery, enjoying your time with the blood traitors." He smirked.

"Not much different from the blood traitors yourself." Parkinson chimed in and they laughed.

"Oh of course I'm enjoying it." I smiled "But it would be much more enjoyable if strangling a scumbag like you is legal."

"How dare you..." Parkinson lunged at me, but Malfoy pulled her back by grabbing her arm.

"That's enough." He said "You'll regret that, Avery."

"Make me." I smirked as they closed the door and left.

I turned back to face the others with a sigh just to see them staring at me. I raised an eyebrow as a question for their stares and George gave an awkward cough.

"He's always trying to get under your skin, Novie." Fred said.

"He is." I admitted "Now, about that prank you talked about, why don't we used it on Malfoy? I want revenge."

"Nov?" Ginny spoke up.

"Yeah?"

"You're not that kind of Slytherin that like revenge. This doesn't sound like you at all." She said.

"You always keep this 'special treatment' for the Malfoy kid." George added "Which means..."

"You may have liked him." The twins said at the same time.

"Gosh, you are twins." I sighed "And me? Liking Malfoy? That sounds like a horror story. Besides, have you seen how he treats me? I must be insane to like him."

"You're just as sane as I am." Luna said smiling.

"I know." I smiled.