f i f t y - s i x

"Get your hands off me!" I grunted as Greyback gripped my arm tightly.

"Don't harm her, Fenrir, the Dark Lord wants her whole." Lestrange said skipping down the corridor.

"What does he want with me?" I said as I glared at the werewolf behind me.

"You'll know soon." 

I didn't know if it was luck or something else when they decided not to kill me and forced me to come with them to wherever they were going, but now it seemed quite clear why they did that. For some reason, the Dark Lord wanted me, and according to what they said, he did not want me harmed. Lestrange took my wand and snapped it in half in the Room of Requirement, and I was basically useless without a wand in my hand.

It was already very late, no one was in the corridors, Draco led the group of Death Eaters forward, I could feel him getting tensed whenever I grunted at the force Greyback was putting on my arm by gripping. Why was he doing this? He didn't have to prove us anything. 

Or unless, this was actually Voldemort's intention. Lucius Malfoy wasn't able to bring back the prophecy, and the Dark Lord wanted revenge so he pour all this pressure on the white-haired wizard's son. And Draco thought he had been given a chance. That must have been why.

We walked and walked and walked, I couldn't realise where we were. I had never been to this part of the castle, but it seemed like we were going to the far end of the school. Then it struck me hard as I looked out and saw a tall tower. We were going to the Astronomy tower. 

Who could be there at this time of the day? Obviously not students, I was sure there were no Astronomy classes this evening. Filch and Mrs.Norris could hardly be the target of the Death Eaters, right? He was just a crumpy Squib with an obsession with an old, bitchy cat. My feet started to hurt from walking and I felt my fingers were running low on blood supply because of how tight Greyback was gripping it. But I wouldn't die. Not now.

We reached the bottom of the Astronomy tower, and they finally stopped. Greyback harshly pushed me to the ground and my back hit the stone wall of the tower. I groaned painfully, sitting up and leaned to the cold surface for support while glaring daggers at him.

"Go on, Draco." Lestrange said "Go finish that scumbag, we'll be waiting to see your results."

Draco's face, which was already pale, got even whiter. He tried to conceal his shaken breath and climbed the stairs slowly. He looked back to see me looking at him with widen-eyes, and he turned away, his face couldn't show any more pain than it was already visible. I wanted to yell out his name, to stop him, but I was afraid doing that would only get me killed. Greyback was already pissed because my attempts to slip away during our walk here.

So that was his mission, to kill someone. Was that Harry he was going to finish? It couldn't be, right? I suppose Voldemort would want to finish the Chosen One himself. But who other than him that the Death Eaters and their master wanted to be dead so much? 

"So this is it, huh?" I spoke up, they all stared at me "You're trying to kill someone?"

"Indeed." Lestrange grinned.

"Voldemort couldn't find the gut in him to finish Harry Potter on his own?" I raised an eyebrow. Though I know it wouldn't be true, it would definitely make them angry.

"How dare you speak his name?" Lestrange shrieked and lunged at me. Greyback had to stop her from clawing my eyes out.

"We have to keep her in one piece, you said so yourself." He grunted with his deep voice, trying to hold her back.

"You don't want to make him unhappy, do you, Lestrange?" I added.

"Shut up, you shut up!" She screamed "The Dark Lord is never unhappy with me, not after tonight."