f i f t y - t h r e e

News about the Death Eaters' attack on the Burrow flew fast, I was notified by Lupin's letter the moment I woke up from a light sleep. Luckily no one was hurt, but Harry seemed petrified as he once again met Bellatrix Lestrange and Fenrir Greyback at Christmas. Hermione wrote to me soon afterwards, telling me all the details Harry had told her. I guess the Burrow was no longer a safe place for him and the Order anymore.

They had returned to Hogwarts for a few days, Harry and his friends. While others still enjoyed the last days of our winter break, Harry was kept busy by the Headmaster in his office. Ron, he was devastated because of Lavender Brown, he said she wouldn't leave him alone and all she wanted was to snog him. Hermione wasn't happy at the mention of the other Gryffindor girl, but she was rather happy to hear Ron didn't like Brown. Typical, I would say.

I couldn't get that message out of my head. 'Daddy' wasn't suppose to be anywhere in the school grounds, it was impossible. Dumbledore would know if he was near, let alone in my own dormitory. He told me to be careful, considering how much danger my life would be in.

I sprinted down the corridors and opened the hospital wings' door to see the teachers standing and talking to each other while Harry, Hermione and Ginny stood by a bed which Ron was lying unconsciously on. They turned to look at me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Mister Weasley was poisoned." Madam Pomfrey said.

"We are still trying to find out, Miss Avery." Professor McGonagall said.

Dumbledore picked up a bottle of wine, it was already opened and the bottom half was still covered in gift wrap.

"This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't by chance remember who gave you this bottle, do you?" He said "Which by the way possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry when not polluted with poison."

"Actually I had intended to give it as a gift myself." Professor Slughorn said.

"To whom, might I ask?"

"You, Headmaster." His voice shook.

I was midway towards Ron's bed in the attempt of talking to Harry, Ginny and Hermione about his condition when the door burst open and someone ran in hastily. I turned around to look, my lips  curled up in an amused smirk as I saw Lavender Brown.

"Where is he? Where is my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?" She glanced at Ron's bed and stared daggers at Hermione "What's she doing here?"

"I might ask you the same." Hermione said.

"I happen to be his girlfriend." Brown said.

"I happen to be his..." Hermione stopped, choked on her words "...friend."

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks." Brown sneered "I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting."

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo!" Hermione glared "And for the record, I've always found him interesting."

I stood by Ginny and watched the little drama in the hospital wings, a little smirk formed on both of our lips as we saw Hermione frowned and blushed in light pink. Suddenly, Ron snorted and stirred, mumbling something under his breath.

"Ha! See? He senses my presence." Brown said excitedly before turning to Ron "I'm here, Won-Won. I'm here--"

Ron mumbled something. At first, it sounded like a moan, then as he said it louder, it became audible. It was a name. Hermione Granger's name. He reached out blindly, a blushing Hermione took his hand and he fell unconscious again. Brown was so angry she was shaking, and she stormed out of the room.

"Ah, to be young and feel love's keen sting." Dumbledore beamed "Come on, everyone, I think Mister Weasley is well tended."

The Headmaster led everyone past us and went out of the door, I followed them shortly afterwards with Ginny, but not before throwing a smirk and a raised eyebrow Hermione's way, which made her blush even more. Ginny and I accompanied each other to the Entrance Hall for our lunch, a smile visible on Ginny's face.

"You know, they are so adorable." Ginny said as we sat down next to Luna.

"Who?" Luna asked, chewing her grilled cheese sandwich.

"Hermione and Ron." Ginny said happily "Took them awhile, didn't it?"

"No, it will take a while longer to see them actually together." I said "Meanwhile, I'm thinking of someone else being together."

"Who?" Ginny asked.

"You, Ginevra Molly Weasley." I pointed my fork at her "You and Harry James Potter."

Luna beamed at Ginny who went even redder than her hair.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She looked down at her plate.

"Have I ever been wrong about a couple?" I stated "Everyone knows your big crush on Harry ever since you were ten. Need I remind you how often you used to talk about him? You were worse than Ron."

"Well, I--" She blushed harder.

"Don't worry, Ginny, nothing to be ashamed about. Everyone knows." I chuckled, nudging her.

"Well, everyone knows something else about you." She spoke up, smirking at me, her cheeks still red.

"What?"

"Your crush on Draco Malfoy." She said.

"It's not a crush." Luna said dreamily "It's love."

"Good point." Ginny smiled.

"Hold on, why do all of you say I love Malfoy?" I said, acting offended "Come on guys, I don't love him. I care for him, yes, but I don't have a crush on him, okay?"

"Rumors are spreading, you know." Ginny said "The paintings were talking about a certain blond boy and a certain black-haired girl snuggling one night in the Slytherin common room during the winter break."

"They were so excited." Luna added.

"And now some second-years are making up stories about a boy and a girl doing some stuff--"

"Stop, just stop. Don't ruin my innocence, please. I'm not even sixteen yet." I put my hands up in surrender "I was just comforting him. He wasn't feeling well."

"Comforting with blankets, hot chocolate and snuggling?" Ginny pointed out.

"Exactly, that's how Muggles comfort each other, right?" I said.

"Good point." Luna said.

"Whose side are you on, Luna?" Ginny asked.

Digging her fork in her plate of chocolate dessert, Luna looked up and smiled innocently.

"Pudding."