t w e n t y - s i x

Hermione insisted that Juliette and I must come to the Gryffindor common room to get prepared with her two hours before the Yule Ball began. They were both excited all day, jumping up and down and talked like they hadn't for centuries. Unlike them, I became quieter and quieter as the ball got nearer and nearer. Hermione told me Harry and Ron were going to dance with the Patils, Fred with Angelina Johnson and Ginny was invited by Longbottom. Looked like they all had their dates, while George and I went as friends.

We came to the Gryffindor's entrance, the painting of the Fat Lady. The last time I saw her was when the incident with Sirius happened last year. Hermione was standing next to the painting, waiting for us. Her eyes lid up immediately when she saw us coming.

"Come in, I was waiting for you." She said.

"You sure this is okay?" I asked.

"This is the Gryffindor common room, not Slytherin, Nov." She said "We don't get nasty with you two."

She quickly dragged us up to her room and shut the door. We changed into our dresses and stood in front of the mirror, joking, laughing and admiring each other's outfit. Hermione looked gorgeous in hers, even though I didn't like pink.

"You look awesome." Hermione exclaimed when Juliette came out with her dress. It was a white, knee-length dress with laces and black floral patterns running down from her waist.

"And look at you!" Juliette exclaimed when she looked at the Gryffindor girl.

"I know right!" Hermione smiled "But not as good as Nov's."

They both turned to look at me in my emerald dress and heels. I blushed a bit, and looked at myself in the mirror. It fitted me well, the length was, thankfully, long enough so I wouldn't trip by stepping on my own dress. I was glad I chose this instead of silver dresses.

"Now, our hair and make-up." Hermione announced "I know exactly what to do with mine."

She used her wand and waved at her hair. Her bushy brown hair was straightened, gently curled and put up into an intricate updo, decorated with white gems and a few long bits of hair left out on a side of her head. Juliette thought for a while and waved her wand as well, turning her simple, straight black hair into a beautiful braided bun, decorated with a white flower. It was my turn, I made my hair into a half up, half down hairstyle with a rose-shaped bun and decorated it with a green gem. I looked at myself again.

"Wait, something's wrong." Juliette said.

I pulled down a strand of hair on the left side of my forehead, letting it fall down and created a more messy look.

"That's better." She said again.

Then, it was all about our make-up. Calling herself a make-up artist, Juliette didn't let us use magic to prepare ourselves anymore. Instead, she wanted to do it all by herself. She started with Hermione's make-up: simple, more natural look; then to me: red lips and more mysterious looking; and lastly hers: light make-up. Thanks to that, our two hours ran out much faster than we thought and we were ready just minutes before the beginning of the Yule Ball. (Don't blame me, I know nothing about make-up) (You know nothing, Skyler...)

We made our way down the stairs and to the front of the Great Hall. Diggory was standing there with his date, Cho Chang, greeting the guests. Fleur Delacour was standing with her date, a quite nice-looking man, Harry was with Ron and the Patils. Krum stood below the staircase, watching as Hermione walked down. She took his hand and went into the Hall, Juliette went looking for Zabini and I spotted George and Fred talking to his friends, Fred linking his arm with Johnson.

"Hey there, George." I said "Hi, Fred."

"Oh look at you." George said "Finally look like a girl."