e i g h t e e n

Harry and Sirius helped Ron walking down the stairs, through the secret passageway back to the Whomping Willow as Pettigrew followed behind, escorted by Professor Lupin and trailed after by Hermione and I. Sometimes, Professor Lupin would turn around and joined our small talks, but most of the time he kept an eye on Pettigrew who looked as if he was thinking of fleeing.

"I'm sorry about what I said earlier." Hermione said "I didn't mean to. I was angry."

"That's a reason why you're in Gryffindor." I joked "And don't worry about it. I would do the same if I were you."

"You would?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Well, not exactly. I'm not that short-tempered." I said "But hey, I was trying to make you feel better."

She laughed wholeheartedly and playfully nudged my shoulder, I chuckled along.

"How did you know about all of this?" She asked.

"On the train, I might have slipped my thoughts on Sirius' escape to Professor Lupin." I started explaining.

"Might have?" Professor Lupin asked from the front.

"Okay, not might have, I literally did." I sighed "And then he asked me for help. Then that night, I was wandering around at night and bumped into Sirius. He told me he knew my mom and I, and we both agreed that he stayed in the Shrieking Shack while Professor Lupin and I thought of a plan and I tried to change Harry's thoughts on him. Then, just today I figured out about Pettigrew and immediately went here to inform Sirius, and everything was exactly how you know it."

"But you knew Sirius was innocent from the beginning." She said "How?"

"I trust my mother, Hermione." I said "Besides, I don't trust the Ministry or the Daily Prophet."

"Wise." Professor Lupin said "Too wise for your age."

We reached the Whomping Willow and slowly, each of us climbed out of the hole. As soon as I was out, I helped Harry pulling Ron out from the entrance, Sirius pushing him from underneath. Ron sat down on the rock right next to where we just came out, Hermione sitting next to him, Harry and Sirius left to talk privately and I walked over to Professor Lupin who was keeping a close eye on Pettigrew. I looked at the skyline. It was night, but the sky was brighter than usual.

"Professor." I whispered into his ears when I pulled him down to my level "Do you know what day it is?"

He looked at me in a confused manner, then his eyes widened in recognition and fear. Just in time, Hermione realized and stared at the full moon rising from behind the dark colored clouds. Professor Lupin looked over and he froze.

"Professor!" I shouted warningly.

"Remus!" Sirius leaped at him, shaking his shoulders furiously "Did you take your potions tonight?"

"I think he forgot tonight was full moon." I mumbled, then turned to Harry and the other two "Run! Get out of here!"

When I turned back to Professor Lupin, his fingers were twitching and growing claws. He was gasping, his pupils shrunk and there were veins in his eyes. Sirius wrapped his arms around his friend, whispering in his ears, trying to calm the turning werewolf down and preventing him from fully changing.

"Run! All of you!" Sirius shouted at us.

Professor Lupin's wand slipped out of his hand and fell on the ground. Pettigrew leaped in and grabbed the wand, but Harry sent the wand out of his grip. Pettigrew froze, but then smiled hideously before his face turning, his body shrinking back into the form of the rat. I left his clothes behind and quickly made his way down the hill.