t h i r t y

I ran downstairs as I heard people talking out loud with cheerful voices, groaning a little.

"Seriously, guys, can't you just quiet down?" I complained "I hardly get any sleep because of all those night meetings of yours since the beginning of summer. And I've received a letter from--"

And as I reached the bottom of the narrow stairs, I saw Harry looking at me with widened eyes over Sirius' shoulders. Molly was down there too, all joyful around Harry. She insisted that I call her Molly instead of Mrs.Weasley like Hermione or Harry, so did her husband as he kept reminding me to call him Arthur everytime I said Mr.Weasley, though I had only met them once in my first year and staying around with them for about a month. At first it was weird, but I got over it quickly.

"Oh, hey Harry." I greeted "About time for you to come around."

"You stay here?" He asked "I hardly see you during summer holidays."

"I live here, Harry, I moved in at the beginning of summer." I said "Logically I should be staying at Snape's but his house isn't what you call the ideal place for two summer months."

"Sirius, the meeting is about to start!" Molly reminded him "November dear, you may want to join the table as well."

"Right." Sirius and I said in union.

"Harry, dear, go on upstairs quietly, if you please." She said "They're all up there."

Harry stared at me, obviously thinking why I got to attend the adults' meeting when it was no doubt about him and Voldemort's return. I urged him to go upstairs and join the Weasleys and Hermione while we stood at the bottom of the stairs and watched him. Before we went into the dining room which was now a meeting room, we had to make sure Harry was way up and didn't have the intention of eavesdropping like he usually did. We closed the door and locked it, then sat down by the table.

"How is everything with the Ministry going?" Moody asked.

"They're acting like a proper Ministry." I said, sighing "I've just received a letter from them, they deny each and every possibilities and evidences that prove Voldemort has returned."

"We need to persuade them to think again." Molly said.

"We've been writing to them ever since Dumbledore reorganized the Order, they won't listen unless something real bad happens right under their noses." I said "They are very thick sometimes."

"Nov's right." Arthur said "The Ministry believes in what they can see in front of their eyes."

"It's not going to help, I'm afraid." Lupin said "Voldemort knows that and he wants to keep it that way."

"A student died and they still deny it!" Molly said angrily.

"How are things with the known Death Eaters?" Sirius asked.

"Not much." Arthur said "We are trying to keep a keen eye on them. We had searched through the Malfoy's manor twice, nothing. Lucius Malfoy seems to be very happy when nothing was found."

"Maybe you should check under Draco Malfoy's drawing room." I said.

They all gave me the how-in-the-holy-hell-do-you-even-know-about-that look.

"He let it slip to Harry and Ron." I shrugged and they continued to give me the look "Long story, don't ask."

"What matters is that we need to have a plan." Sirius said "Voldemort's hiding, looking for something he didn't have last time."

"What can it be?" Tonks asked.

"Can't know for sure, I'm assuming it's a weapon." Moody said.

"I think it either involves Harry or Dumbledore, or maybe both." I voiced my thoughts "Harry has his father's Invisibility Cloak and Dumbledore has both the Elder Wand and the Resurrection Stone. If Voldemort wants to defeat Harry, the only person to fight him, those three can give him a great weapon to destroy his enemy. Or maybe he wants to finish off Harry as soon as possible before Harry has a chance to fulfill his prophecy."

"That's right." Sirius said "And speaking of his prophecy, is it still in the Ministry?"

"Heavily guarded, I'm sure." Arthur said "Are you suggesting he might go after the prophecy?"

"He might. If he destroyed it, Harry would have no chance of knowing what he's destined to do in the future." Sirius claimed "Now, all we can do is protect Harry. We should avoid having those circumstances we mentioned happening and keep an eye on the Death Eaters we know."

"Well then, I'll write to the Ministry, suggesting that they should keep on heavily guarding the crystal balls, though Arthur should also speak to them and use your connections with some of them, I bet it helps." I suggested "I'll try to avoid mentioning Voldemort from now on. They seem to be annoyed by the letters concerning the Dark Lord. Their words have been rather rude lately, maybe I should sign it with a different name."

Molly opened the door and informed Harry and his friends upstairs that the meeting was over and that they were allowed to come down. I stood up and awarded myself a good stretch, my arms had been rebelling these days, giving me aches and such. I yawned.

"I really haven't gotten enough sleep lately." I complained to myself "All those letters and night meetings."

"November, you don't have to do this much." Sirius said "You're only fourteen."

"Dumbledore suggested that I join the Order and I'm happy to help, Sirius." I said "Besides, you need me."

"You're much wiser than you should be, Hermione should be jealous." He joked "We owe you a lot."

"You owe me nothing, I like it here and all the work. Though, I must say, I still hate the idea of you and my Godfather hating each other. Seriously, you're both in the Order."

"Things happened." He defended himself "Remember when he tried to hand me over to the Dementors?"

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes "I better get going, I have a letter to write and a new name to fashion. Call me when dinner's ready."

"I need to speak to Harry, go ahead." He said.

I walked up the flights of stairs lazily and had to squeezed my way past Fred and George when they came down on the narrow stairs. I went past Ron's room to see the three of them huddled together. They didn't speak too loud, but I could still hear them faintly from outside.

"... If you two aren't allowed any near the meeting, how can November be able to attend each and every one of them?" Harry asked.

"Well, we did ask, they told us that Dumbledore himself added her into the Order's rank and said we shouldn't be wondering about that." Ron said.

"Maybe she had an important role." Hermione said "She's a smart one."

"How important can a fourteen-year-old Slytherin girl be to the Order of Phoenix?" Ron grumbled "It's favoritism. She even got her own room!"

"Come on, Ron. If it was favoritism, Hermione would be the one sitting in that meeting room." Harry said "Besides, she lives here from now on."

"No, I wouldn't." Hermione said "They fear I might slip you some information. I'm your best friend, but she isn't."

Pretending I didn't hear anything, I walked out and leaned against their door frame, folding my arms in front of my chest.

"Your mom wants all of you down there, Ron." I said.

"Right, we should be going." He said.

They made their way out and to the stairs as I headed to my room which was directly next to Ron's shared room. They looked back with questioning eyes.

"Why aren't you going down?" Harry asked.

"I've got a letter to write to the Ministry." I said "You go ahead."

I closed the door but could still hear them talking.

"That's not favoritism, Ron. She has to work." Harry said.

"Well, can't we work? We're not useless." Ron said.

"Stop whining, Ronald."