t w e n t y - n i n e

Compared to nice sleeping times, I really didn't feel good at all. My head was killing me with the continuous pain hammering on my poor brain. And I had a new record, blacking out twice in one week.

I beckoned my eyes to open and for the first time in my entire life, my body actually listened to what my brain had to say. The blinding light was annoying, but I eventually got used to it and looked around. Clearly I was in the hospital wings since I heard Madam Pomfrey scolding a boy about boils on his face, around my bed stood Harry, Hermione, Ron, the twins, Juliette and Ginny. Further away were Professor Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall and Alastor Moody, talking to each other. Thanks to the pain in my brain, I couldn't even tell if he was the real one or not.

Juliette was the first one to come over.

"You gave me a proper scare, Nov." She said "Seriously, twice in less than a week?"

"New record." I joked.

"Joking on the hospital bed now, aren't you?" Fred said.

"Best kind of fun." I said "But don't try it."

"You're telling Fred and George not to try something?" Ron approached "It won't work."

"I know, I'm just saying."

Harry looked like he was petrified. His face was pale, he couldn't look up and kept fiddling with his fingers. He must have gone through something horrible.

"Harry, how was the task?" I asked.

"He won." Hermione said quickly when we realized he wasn't going to answer.

"Something happened." I said, judging by the pale look they all had at the mention of the Tri-Wizard Tournament.

"Well..." Ron stuttered.

"Enough, now." Madam Pomfrey said "Out you go, Miss Avery needs a lot of rest tonight."

She shooed everyone out, except for the Headmaster, Snape and Professor Moody. They approached my bed and I looked skeptically at the Defense against the Dark Arts teacher. Professor Dumbledore realized my stare.

"Don't worry, Miss Avery, he's the real Alastor Moody." He assured me.

"And the fake one?" I asked.

"Barty Crouch Jr." Moody said "I'm so sorry something so terrible happened to you, November."

"That sounds much more like the Alastor Moody I know." I said "What happened?"

"The Dark Lord is back." Snape said.

"What? How?"

"He took advantage of the Tournament."

I looked at them, not saying a word. There was still something they hadn't said. They tried to mask it, but I could still see the look of grief and fear plastered on their faces.

"There's something more, isn't it?" I asked.

"A student is dead, Miss Avery." Snape said "Cedric Diggory."

"So I guess I still have to carry on with the favor." I said.

"Precisely." Professor Dumbledore said "Get some rest."

"Professor, why are you telling me this?" I asked "Why did you ask me for a favor?"

"You are more special than you think you are, November." He said "Perhaps even more than Potter himself. You'll play an important role in what may come in the future."

The Headmaster and the Potions teacher left the hospital wings, but Professor Moody was still standing there. He scanned me with both of his normal and mechanical eyes, a little smile tugged the corner of his lips. He was the real one, I supposed, but I didn't know what to say.