f o u r t y - o n e

O.W.L.s, the worst time of all five years in Hogwarts. Throughout the year, teachers of all subjects had been warning us about things they would put in the test papers, but to be honest, they said that in every lesson just to make us focus. Fred and George also had been scaring the hell out of people when it came to O.W.L.s, they never stopped listing those students of their year that went to the hospital wings because of the examination.

I had my Charms examination with Dolores Umbridge as the examiner, real fun. I didn't even know how I could concentrate when her toad-like face kept beaming at all of us through every step she took around the vast room, but I thought I did a pretty good job at both doing my test paper and sending daggers at her. Ever since the army's detention, I turned from hating her to loathing her with a great passion. But still, I remained in the Inquisitorial Squad. It wasn't a good time to throw away my mask yet.

Few days before, Fred, George, Lee Jordan and I planned the twins' last epic joke on Umbridge before they left school. Molly and Arthur wouldn't be happy if they heard about it, but what else could they expect from them, it was Fred and George Weasley we were talking about, not Bill or Charlie. They showed me their newest invention for the prank, Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-bangs, they couldn't look any more excited to break the rules for the last time. It was sad to think that they wouldn't be returning to Hogwarts, it was no fun without them, but I did manage to convince them to open their joke shop in Hogsmeade.

We heard a loud bang outside at the door and turned our heads to look. It was the first cue, as Jordan had suggested that night. All students were looking shocked and curious, Umbridge didn't notice that there was a girl sitting in the corner, burying her head in the paper while trying to conceal the wide grin on her face. The pink toad approached the door and swung it open just to see no one. I turned to look as well as a small flare flew around her face and she tried to squat it away. I suppressed a laugh as I watched the stupid look on her face. That was the second cue.

The third cue came right after that, Fred and George flew in on their broomsticks, blowing up test papers and laughing as they went. It dawned on all the students in the room and they stood up, clapping and cheering, abandoning their examination. I sprung up onto my feet and shot up flares from my wand which I hid in my boots. Then, as Umbridge attempted to settle everyone down, I was the first to ran outside as soon as Fred and George burst out. They shot flares at all the framed rules hung on the wall and they crashed down right around her. Everyone ran after us, cheering and laughing loudly as Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-bangs were fired to the sky, the last one had the shape of the letter W, representing Weasley. As they flew away, the students were still cheering and clapping, laughing gleefully while Umbridge looked like an angry smoked toad by the door with all her rules smashed. 

That was truly the most epic joke the twins had ever pulled at Hogwarts, ending their journey in the world of academic achievement. They would still be mentioned in school for a long while.

-----

Even though the army had been stopped, the Inquisitorial Squad was still intact, patrolling the school only for Umbridge's purposes and questioning students using Veritaserum in the presence of her and Snape. The Potions teacher wasn't happy to see that woman draining his ingredient store for unimportant matters, but he couldn't do much since she was now a Headmistress. 

I was patrolling alone, or so I said I was so that they wouldn't suspect me if they saw me walking around aimlessly. I turned at the corner and heard faint voices from the staircases leading to Umbridge's office. At first, I thought it was the Squad's members, but as I listened carefully, I realized it was no other than Harry, Ron and Hermione. During this time of the day, Umbridge wouldn't be in her office, I hoped they didn't plan to do something stupid.

"...It's just like with Mr.Weasley. It's the door I've been dreaming about. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before." Harry said quickly as he climbed the stairs "Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have the last time, in the Department of Mysteries."

"Harry, please, just listen." Begged Hermione "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"

"What if he is? I'm supposed to just let him die?" Harry argued "Hermione, he's the only family I've got left."

"What do we do?" Ron asked.

"We'll have to use the Floo Network." Harry said.

"Umbridge has the chimneys under surveillance." Hermione said.

"Not all of them."

As they ran up the stairs, I ran after them. From what I heard, Harry had a dream again, this time was about Sirius being hurt by Voldemort in the Department of Mysteries. The only thing Voldemort ever wanted in that Department was a prophecy. The Order was right, he was after Harry's prophecy. But the only one who could get it was Harry, which meant the Dark Lord had been toying with the boy's mind. I had to stop him.

The trio had broken into Umbridge's office as soon as I reached the end of the staircase. I dashed to the open door to see Harry crouching down at the fireplace in the bright pink room. They all whipped their heads to look at me.

"What are you three doing?" I asked "You can't go."

"Nov, alert the Order if you can." Harry said hastily, showing no sign of hatred towards me anymore "Take Hermione and Ron with you."

"Are you mental?" Ron exclaimed "We're going with you."

"It's too dangerous." Harry said.

"When are you going to get it into your head?" Hermione said "We're in this together."

"That you are." 

Umbridge was already outside the door, looking down at the three of us. As her eyes met mine, she frowned disapprovingly. She knew.