f o u r t e e n

Weeks later, the third-years still couldn't stop babbling about their trip to Hogsmeade. According to Professor Lupin, Harry wasn't able to go, so they had a little talk with each other about Harry's mother. But that was just a short happy, peaceful moment, then the entire school went frenzy because Sirius Black attacked the Fat Lady of the Gryffindor common room to break in. Of course, I went angry too. This wasn't a part of the plan.

When everything died down a little, I went to the Shrieking Shack at night. Luckily, Professor Lupin had taught me how to pass the Whomping Willow, and I marched angrily up the stairs of the haunted building to meet Sirius.

"What do you think you're doing, Sirius?" I lashed out at him "Breaking into the Gryffindor common room, attacking the Fat Lady. Have you gone mad?"

"I need to see Harry." He explained.

"The one who thinks you're gonna kill him." I exclaimed "You have to be patient. I'm trying to make Harry think the other way, but it won't be just a day or two. He's stubborn."

"Just like his father." Sirius sighed.

"He was with Professor Lupin the moment you went looking." I stated "They had a little talk about Harry's mother. Thought you should know."

"Thank you, November." He said "You should be heading back."

"I will." I said "Remember, don't act that reckless again. Dementors are everywhere in the school right now, we can't have you caught."

•••••

The Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff wasn't as interesting as I imagined. It was pouring cats and dogs, the wind seemed like it was lashing out at us, plus the white lightning striking down from the black clouds. I heard Professor McGonagall telling them not to fly too high, or they would get struck by lightning. But aside from that, there was a feeling in my gut telling me something would go wrong.

My eyes glued to Harry as he sped across the field fearlessly, looking for the Snitch in the field of flying players, Bludgers and needle-like rain falling. Then, looked like he had caught the glimpse of it. He started chasing the Golden Snitch, flying higher and higher, shredding the mist as he went. Gryffindors cheered for him, Ron and Hermione watched through their binoculars with a great grin on their lips. At this rate, Gryffindor would win.

Suddenly, I saw a black streak flying next to Harry. Then two, then three. Harry seemed frightened. On the corner of my eyes, I saw an army of Dementors heading towards him. And Harry fell off his broom.

"Oh no." I mumbled, making my way past the crowd to enter the field.

Dumbledore saved Harry, stopping him in midair right before he touched the ground. Ron, Hermione, the rest of the Quidditch team and I ran towards him. He had gone completely unconscious. Fred picked Harry up from the ground and we went straight to the hospital wings, looking for Madam Pomfrey.

"Dementors aren't supposed to be on the field." Hermione said.

"That explained how Dumbledore got so angry." Ron said.

While Madam Pomfrey was treating Harry, the others sat waiting in the corner of the room. I glanced outside and saw Professor Lupin marching towards the hospital wing. Immediately, I stood up and ran out to meet him.

"Is he okay?" He asked frantically the moment he saw me.

"He's fine. He just went out, like he did on the train." I calmed him down "Don't worry. Dumbledore saved him."

"Dumbledore sent the Dementors away already." He said.

"That's a good news." I said "But I reckon they will come back, since Sirius Black is still here."

"I thought so too." He said.

"Maybe you should teach Harry how to repel a Dementor, the Patronus Charm. Just in case he has to confront them once more." I suggested.

"Good idea." He said "But after the holidays, the full moon has just passed and I don't feel overly well after one."

I bade him goodbye before returning to the hospital wing, seeing Madam Pomfrey turning to a Hufflepuff and helping him removing the spokes of an umbrella from his neck. The Weasleys and Hermione were surrounding his bed, taking to each other as I approached them. They turned to look at me.

"Professor Dumbledore sent all the Dementors off already." I informed them "They won't bother him again."

"Good." Hermione sighed in relief.

And we turned back to look at Harry, who were still lying in his bed.

"Looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron asked.

"Peaky?" Fred said "What do you expect him to look like? He fell fifty feet."

"Yeah, come on, Ron." George added "We'll walk you off the Astronomy Tower and see how you come out looking."

"Or..." I said "I can fly him up there and drop him."

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does."

Harry said and slowly opened his eyes. The Weasleys and I started grinning happily, though Harry looked awful, at least he was fine. And not to mention he didn't turn mad after that fall.

"Harry!" Hermione chirped "How are you feeling?"

Harry edged up against his pillow.

"Brilliant." He said.

"Give us a right good scare, mate." Fred said.

"What happened?" Harry asked.

"You fell off your broom." Ron said.

"Really?" Harry said "I meant the match. Who won?"

We all exchanged uncomfortable looks at the mention of the Quidditch match. Obviously, without the seeker, the victory had slipped out of the Gryffindor team's hand and landed into the Hufflepuffs'. But it wasn't an embarrassing lost or anything.

"No one blames you, Harry." Hermione voiced our thoughts "The Dementors aren't meant to come on the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. After he saved you, he sent them straight off."

Harry nodded grimly, staring out of the window instead of looking at us. He must be very mad at himself, though it was never his fault.

"There's something else you should know, Harry." Ron said "Your Nimbus, when it flew away? It sort of landed in the Whomping Willow. And well..."

He tipped a bag, splintered wood and twisted twigs fell onto the bed. Harry Nimbus Two Thousand had snapped in half, there was no way we could fix it.

We heard the door opened and closed gently, and we turned to see Professor Lupin walking in with a small smile.

"I'm sorry about your broom, Harry." He said "There's no chance of fixing it?"