t h i r t y - o n e

Since Harry came, Ron and he had been avoiding any contact or conversation with me. Everytime I walked by, they would talk in hushed voice and glanced back at me. In my opinion, they were acting like girls. I reckoned it was because of my membership in the Order. Honestly, it was no easy work and yet they said it was favoritism. Only Hermione and the twins seemed to understand me and my situation.

Another reason for Harry to feel uncomfortable with me was probably the fact that I moved in with his Godfather even before he could. I must admit, I had been taking a lot of time from Sirius and Lupin to discuss plans and ideas and Harry hadn't spent much time with his two favorite people. But to defend myself, of course, I didn't mean to take all their time. I was a fourteen-year-old kid who couldn't do everything by herself.

Harry had gone with Arthur to meet Dumbledore at the Ministry of Magic for his disciplinary meeting about him using the Patronus Charm in front of Muggles to repel a Dementor. I understood that he had to do it, but what I didn't get was why the Dementor made its way to Privet Drive which was very far from Azkaban. It was a street full of Muggles except for Harry, they had no business there unless they saw Harry as a juicy piece of food. Before they left, I reminded Arthur about the security problem concerning the prophecies.

"I'll try." He said "Though I'm not entirely sure."

"Don't worry, I already sent a letter." I assured him "You just need to drop in a few words so they'll notice."

"If they won't, I suppose it's our job then."

"Exactly."

I went back to my room when they left, finding Sirius' owl standing on the window frame, a letter in between her beak. She nipped my finger affectionally when I took the letter. On the lid was certainly the Ministry's seal, I ripped the envelope and read the letter. Groaning slightly, I thundered down the stairs, looking for whoever was left in the house.

"Lupin? Tonks?" I called "Moody?"

"Yes?" Lupin asked, peeking out of his room. Tonks also went out of hers.

"Have you seen Moody?" I asked.

"No, he's gone somewhere, I guess."

"The Ministry sent an answer." I said, entering Lupin's room when he stepped aside and Tonks followed "Guess what they said?"

"They won't do it?" Tonks asked.

"Exactly." I sighed, throwing the parchment on the table "They said that all Department in the Ministry are always guarded, but since they've seen no prove of the Dark Lord's return, there is absolutely no point to tighten the security. Like I said, thick."

"So it's our job then." Lupin said, his eyes scanned through the letter.

"I'm afraid so. We're going to have to rely on Arthur." I said "I can't believe this! How can they be so thick-headed?"

In fact, I was so angry that when the others came back to 12 Grimmauld Place in the afternoon, I nearly threw a fit because of it. Over a month of writing and convincing, we achieved nothing. Of course, Harry and Ron thought I was overreacting. They began to throw looks at me, whispering things to each other. It was the first time I experienced Gryffindor's nasty attitude. Slytherin weren't the only one being nasty around.

I guess I wouldn't be around my close friends much anymore.

-----

I separated ways with the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione as soon as I arrived at King's Cross Station and went my own way. I searched the entire Hogwarts Express for Juliette or anyone that was happy enough to let me sit with them. Unsurprisingly, Juliette was sitting with Zabini again, Malfoy sitting across the compartment near the front of the train. Parkinson was probably sitting with her girl group since she wasn't sitting there, fawning over her blond boy. Not wanting to sit with my friends since they were still disliking me because of all the 'favoritism' issues, I voluntarily opened the door and sat next to Malfoy.