Mr Unpredictable

Mandy's POV

The following morning, I woke to a loud banging on my front door.

"Hang on" I shouted "Give me a minute"

Grabbing my dressing gown from the back of the bedroom door, a quick glance in the mirror to check my face and I shuffled to the door in my oversized Bonnie slippers.

Yep for one of my birthday's I was give a pair of slippers shaped like a dog with a face on the front with large floppy ears and a small tail at the back, my Bonnie slippers.

Peering through the spy hole I saw a tongue sticking out, Rosie! That was her trademark greeting, opening the door I turned and retraced my step to the bedroom, yelling come in over my shoulder.

"Come in kettle will be on, as soon as you turn it on"

I heard the closing of my front door as I headed to the shower.

Twenty minutes later, balanced on my bar stools against the kitchen worktop, Rosie began the inquisition.

"Well? There are things you have not told me I know you, miniscule things to you possibly, but earth shattering to us mere mortals, so Amanda Louise Clayton spill, I'm all ears"

"Morning Rosie, another nice bright wonderful day" I tried.

" Oh don't pull that crap on me, girly out with it"

I sighed, there was no stopping Rosie once she started, it was like trying to get your sock back from Bonnie when she was in a playful mood, hopeless.

So I told her the whole story from beginning to end, then she surprised me, rather than condemning the man to an early exit from this world she said.

"America eh? You lucky bitch"

"Lucky are you kidding me, have you not listened to what I just told you that A hole did last night" I retorted angrily.

"Yer, yer, yer, but you're missing the point an all expense paid weekend in Hollywood USA with Mr hottie. Plus don't you think that if his lawyers were going to sue you they would have done so by now, but obviously he's holding them off so you can apologise or whatever and explain, he's giving you this chance.
I mean who's paying for all this you or him, if he was trying to sue you, he wouldn't need to go through all this and pick up the bill now would he, no"

Hell I never thought of that, Rosie was right he was giving me a chance to get his company's lawyers of my back and I was being nasty to him.

Rosie laid her hand on my arm.

"Look perhaps he is trying to help you, just give him a chance you'll soon know and when the weekend is over you will know for sure"

"You're right, I will try and be nicer to him, could you do me a favour"

"No need to ask I'll move in here and look after Bonnie and hold the fort, you just go and sort those damn Yankees out and give Mr hottie a chance okay"

"Okay, now to business, you slave to the kitchens" I said in a commanding voice and dramatically pointed to the front door, Rosie lower her head and ambled across the room.

"Yes boss, why was I blessed with an evil she devil for a boss, please someone help me" throwing her hands in the air, causing us both to burst out laughing.

"Go slave" I added "I have to exercise the mighty beast that is the Bonz" at the sound of her name Bonnie started whizzing around in circles yapping in excitement, causing another round of laughter.

As Bonnie and I walked our usual route, I thought about what Rosie had said, perhaps I had misjudged Jasper, perhaps he was giving me a chance.

As I continued in a world of my own, I didn't hear the footsteps behind me, until.

"Hi! We meet again"

I jumped and turned to the voice, I might have guessed who it was.

"Bloody hell are you trying to give me a heart attack Mr Jackson" as I put a hand on my chest still breathing heavily from the fright.

" Well you should be careful, there's no telling who I might have been" he smirked.

That was definitely the wrong thing to do.

"Well Mr Jerkson, this town is hardly a den for white slave traders now is it"

"I don't know I wouldn't mind kidnapping you and having my evil way with you"

I blushed as I saw the look of complete lust on his face and in his eyes, then I noticed that bloody smirk again.

"Well you're not and it's not going to happen, trust me" I snapped, then I remembered Rosie's words and I calmed myself down.

"Look Mr Jackson, I appreciate what you are doing for me, but please can we keep it professional, I just want to make sure my business is safe okay, then we can get on with our lives"

I thought I saw a flicker of sadness in his eyes, just for a brief moment.

"Your right, but can we at least be friends"

I sighed and again remembering Rosie's words, I nodded, smiled and stuck out my hand.

"Friends"

He grabbed my hand and gave it a firm shake and oh boy did my insides just flutter and a tingling spread from my chest downwards, my breathing became a little deeper and my cheeks definitely coloured, how could this jerk of a hot guy, that I hate, have this effect on me?

As we walked and talked and laughed, yes! He actually laughed and I couldn't help but comment on that fact.

"You should laugh more often, it looks good on you"

Suddenly the laughter and smile were gone and a nondescript face appeared all closed off.

"Hey" I whispered " Sorry I didn't mean to upset or offend you, it's just your like a different person when you smile"

He looked at me, well it wasn't so much at me, as straight through me, a cold hard look, no emotions, no feeling.

"Let's go, I need to be somewhere and I don't want to be late"

Wow! something was definitely up, I had a feeling that I had just seen another side of him, a loving caring side, but now the walls were back up and he was in business mode, well that was up to him, three more days and he will be out of my life forever.

As I reached home I turned at the door to speak and he had walked off.

"Great back to being a jerk" I mumbled.

And to honest I preferred him being a asshole I could deal with that, as the caring and kind side made my body react in ways I didn't want it to with Mr Jerkson, it wanted things it definitely couldn't have.