Getting In To Deep

Mandy's POV

With the car hurtled along at an alarming speed, as Garrett tried to lose the paparazzi tailing us on motorbikes.

Caroline was explaining about how to deal with the different elements of the media.

"But I don't want to deal with the media" I whined.

"Sorry Mandy, but it's to late now they know who you are and where you live"

"Well can't you put out a statement or something saying we are not a couple"

I noticed out the corner of my eye Jasper wince and then his face turned grim and out the other corner of my eye, Caroline looking from Jasper to me and back again, her expression unreadable.

But I was panicking, I didn't want people following me taking pictures and asking lots of damn questions, I wanted my peace and quiet and my old boring existence.

"Look Caroline can't you tell them, it was a mistake or a hoax, hey what about a prank and that Jasper and I are just friends" hope displayed on my face.

"No!" Roared Jasper making Caroline and me shrink back, then noticing our reaction he calmed down.

"No Mandy it's is not a prank"

He grabbed my hands and pulled me against his chest, I couldn't have moved or pulled away if I had wanted to.

"Mandy as long as we are together this will keep happening, it will die down and go away eventually, but at the moment you and I being an item will attract media attention"

Then Caroline chirped up

"Jaspers right you are a media icon and hot property at the moment, so you need to ride out the storm"

"Will it help if we stay away from each other" I asked.

"Not going to happen"

I glared at him and was about to reply when my phone rang.

"Mandy, it's Rosie"

"What's up, what's the matter, is everyone okay, nothings happened to Bonnie has it"

"Woah calm down, sheesh you'll have a heart attack, everyone's fine. I just rang to tell you the bookings have gone through the roof.
Christmas, New Year, in fact all this year we are now booked solid and we've started booking for next year, email and phones are going crazy"

This bought a smile to my face,then it was snatched away again, as Rosie continued.

"Everybody wants to see the famous Amanda Clayton who's landed Jasper Jackson as her boyfriend"

Before I could correct her that Jasper wasn't my boyfriend, she hung up.

"Problems?" Jasper enquired.

"Yes and no"

To which he raised his eyebrows.

"Well we are fully booked this year and taking bookings for next year, even our traditional Christmas lunch and New Years day celebrations are booked"

"That's good isn't it"

"Well yer, but it's all because they think we are a couple and your my boyfriend"

"So what's the problem" he stared at me with confusion written all over his face.

"I don't like lies, it's like getting bookings under false pretences"

Caroline looked at me as if I had lost my marbles, Jasper just smiled.

"So we make sure that you are not lying then, don't we?"

"How?"

"We become an official couple boyfriend and girlfriend"

"What, why would you do that?"

Caroline's look now, said I was definitely a nut case.

"Well I want to help you, remember this is the new me, ready to help"

"You would do that for me?"

To which he nodded, Caroline's face had seriously loss it's composure and looked like she had stumbled on some three legged purple chickens singing Christmas carols to each other.

"Thank you" and I held my hand out to shake his, but he nodded to Caroline who seemed to understand immediately, then he looked back at my hand then me.

"No We're boyfriend and girlfriend"

And the next thing I'm sprawled across his chest with his lips firmly attached to mine and O.M.G what a kiss, there was a sudden flash and I tried to pull back not gonna happen, Jasper had me in a vice like grip.

I didn't think it would be fair to bite his tongue again as he was helping me out, so we continued the kiss with the flashes still going on.

When at last we came up for air, I saw Caroline snapping away with her phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Posting the news on social media with photographic evidence" came her reply as she typed away on her phone.

"What" I screamed "But people will see it and, and..." Here I ran out of anything sensible to say.

"That's the point Amanda, get it out there the quicker people know, the quicker they forget"

"Oh right, I understand" though I didn't not in the least.

After thirty minutes driving, it suddenly dawned on me I didn't know what the plan was.

"Um where are we going?"

"London" came the abrupt answer.

"Oh, why?"

"Now we are officially a couple we have to attend events together and there's a premiere on that we need to attend"

"What!" I cried sitting up straight, he turned and grinned at me.

" Well I think you owe me, don't you, last time we were in London you ran away from me and when we were supposed to go to a premiere in Hollywood you stood me up, so I agreed to help you and now you can help me"

" Oh come on" I replied " that's not fair, you kidnapped me and forced me to go to dinner with you in London and I never knew about a premiere in Hollywood as I recall I was there to save my business"

Caroline watched the exchange utterly bemused.

"Yes but now after tonight we will be even, I will have helped you and you will have helped me" he smiled.

Why did I get the distinct impression I had been set up, so I played my ace.

"Well, shame you didn't tell me as I would have dressed up but.." I paused for effect.

"As you didn't, I can't really go to a premiere like this now can I?" Now I could smirk, but not for long.

"Just as well I bought that nice dress you got in Hollywood with all the matching accessories and Julia and Ralph are standing by to do your hair and makeup"

I sighed, I had been outmanoeuvred.

"I don't suppose I can get out of this can I, if I promise to pay you back another way?"

"Nope not a chance"

"You're a bastard, you know that don't you, a self centred manipulating bastard"

"Oh I know, but as you said before I'm your self centred manipulating bastard"