The Crown

Mandy's POV

Rosie pushed and held the door open and beckoned us through, I could see that Diane was still a little nervous, so I pushed her in and followed on her heels, a few of the patrons stared at Diane and then smiled as I put my arm around her shoulder.

"Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce our secret weapon in tonight's quiz, Diane who has flown directly in from America to whoop your arses"

At this the lounge bar broke into cheers, whistles and catcalls, but at least Diane was now accepted as the quiz teams got up to shake her hand and talk, before long she was a friend with everyone in the quiz fraternity.

Pushing our way to the bar, where George the barman, who by the way had a huge crush on Rosie, took our orders.

"So thats five pints of hobgoblin and a table for five" winking at Rosie making her blush.

"That's right" I laughed handing over the money for the drinks, as Rosie was incapable of any speech or movement at the moment.

Grabbing my change and pint I pushed Rosie in the direction of our table, as the rest followed.

We sat and Diane squeezed in next to me.

" What is this?" She asked holding up her pint.

"That Missy" pointed out Bella "Is a local brew and the staple diet of the quiz team"

Diane eyed it suspiciously, then took a sip.

"Hey this is good" as she held it away to inspect it.

" Of course it is" chuckled Bella" Nearly as good as George eh Rosie"

This made the rest of us laugh and Rosie blush again

"Is there something between you guys?" Diane enquired.

"He wishes there was, but Rosie here is to shy to say yes, but she's not to shy to arrange other people's love lives"
I stated.

"Yer" Bella added "So do you think we should intervene and sort out Rosie's love life"

At this Rosie's head shot up eye's wide and head shaking vigorously.

Which caused another round of laughter.

"Hey what's with all the frivolity" came a deep male voice.

"Hey Michael, how you doing" bellowed Dawn.

"I'm fine and who may I ask is this gorgeous young lady sitting here, I have not had the pleasure" leaning forward and offering his hand to Diane.

Michael Wilkins owner of Wilkins Antiques in the High Street was a handsome looking devil and definitely a player his good looks, posh sports car and large town house, made all the young ladies of Woodstock and surrounding villages flock to have a chance to date him.

But he was a chooser, he would choose his conquest and set out and capture her, then she would be gone, it seemed he enjoyed the chase more than anything.

The look on Diane's face showed she was interested in Michael, as she shook his hand there was a faint reddening of her cheeks and she was struck dumb as well.

"That's Diane" I answered for her "Over from America" then the devil struck "She's looking for a good man, do you know any?"

The look on Diane's face was priceless as the rest of the table broke down in hysterics.

She became flustered and picked her drink up, taking a big mouthful that made her cough and splutter and slam her drink down, causing even more raucous laughter.

"Well pretty one I'm available any time for you" and he gave an exaggerated wink, now the light red cheeks were bright red.

Order was restored when the waitress came to take our food order and Michael left to rejoin his team, but not before embarrassing Diane one more time.

"Here's my number darling Di, ring me anytime" before he left handing her a card.

"Your in there" Bella said nudging Diane's arm.

"Um what's good to eat" Diane squeaked, changing subject.

We settled down perused the menu and ordered our food.

The chatter at the table inevitable turned to Jasper and me.

"So Diane what brings you to Woodstock" Dawn asked.

"Mandy" she replied.

This caused a few raised eyebrows around the table, while it was my turn to blush and sink down in my seat.

"Mandy?" Quizzed Rosie.

"Yep"

I could see Diane beginning to enjoy her revenge.

"Jasper wants another chance to see Mandy to say he's sorry"

That caused a few arrhs' and everyone staring at me.

"I agreed okay" I confirmed gesturing with my hands.

" That's nice" cooed Dawn.

"Oh" Diane added "He's also deeply in love with her" then she sat back and smiled at me.

Talk about being exposed, everyone now stared at me in shock, eyes wide and mouths open.

I had to come up with something quick, so I burst out laughing.

"Good one Di, I slapped him, ran away from him after he lied constantly to me and now he's come up with this lie, so I'll forgive him, nice one Diane good revenge"

It must have worked as the others started to giggle then laugh, inwardly I sighed a huge sigh of relief and before Diane could say anymore the food arrived and the potential grilling I would have got vanished.

I leaned over to Diane and whispered.

"Please don't say anything about Jasper, I'm giving him a chance to apologise, but I can soon change my mind"

---------------------------------------------

Diane's POV

I realised I had over stepped the mark when I blurted out his love for Mandy and I had now jeopardised their reunion, me and my big mouth.

"I'm sorry Mandy I didn't mean to upset you, just teasing back, please forgive me and my big mouth"

She smiled and nodded.

Whew! That was a near thing, I need to let Jasper handle the next part.

"Mandy where is the, how do you say it in England, ladies room"

"Hey pretty good" Mandy nodded then pointed behind me.

"Thanks" I got up and headed in the direction Mandy had pointed me in.

Once I was out of sight, I took out my phone and called Jasper.

"Hi bro"

"Where the hell are you!"

Wow, someone's uptight.

"Hey calm down at this precise moment I'm in the ladies room at the Crown Public House in Woodstock England"

"What the hell are you doing there" he yelled.

"Sorting out your mess, it's part of plan B and before you start she's agreed to meet with you so you can apologise, now it's up to you big bro"

"I'm on my way" and with that he hung up.

"See I was right Amanda Clayton he does love you, now watch out because he's coming to get you and Jasper does not give up or lose"

With that I smiled and entered the ladies room.