The Press

Mandy's POV

"It is you" then the press turned their attention to me, camera flashes, questions about me, my private life, we're we getting married, was I pregnant.

It all became to much for me, so I did the only thing I could, I turned and fled back up the steps, passed a bewildered Tabatha and locked myself in the bedroom.

Ten minutes later.

"Mandy come on you've got to come out, you can't stay in there" pleaded Tabatha.

"Have they gone?"

"Not yet, but you've got to come out.

"No not till they have gone"

Twenty minutes later.

"Mandy come on out, let's get going, I can't wait here all day" Jasper's turn to try and coax me out.

"Have they gone?"

"Most have"

"Bye see you later, just leave the address with Tabatha "

Forty minutes later, the doors laying on the floor, off its hinges and a man mountain is now filling the doorway with a smirk on his face.

Two minutes after that said man mountain is rushing for cover as I hurl anything and everything I could lay my hands on at him, along with a few well chosen words.

When I ran out of things to throw, the man mountain returned, scooped me up in his arms and slung me over his shoulder, and carried me out the bedroom.

He dumped me on the sofa and a grim faced Jasper stared down at me.

"Well now you've finished wreaking my plane, you have two choices walk down the steps to the car or Garrett will carry you down"

I looked at Garrett as he crossed his arms over his chest and puffed out his chest, sighing I turned to face Jasper.

"Okay I'll walk"

As I got up Jasper tried to grab my hand again, but I snatched it away.

"I can manage thank you"

As I made my way to the door and peered out, the press population had doubled in size.

"Oh great" I muttered "Just bloody fantastic"

As I stepped out with Jasper at the side of me, it was like walking into a lightening storm, I bowed my head and counted the steps as I went down to the torture chamber below.

"Miss Clayton"

Great they know my Name.

I carried on staring at the ground my hair hanging like a curtain covering my face as well, I felt two hands grab my waist and start to guide me through the crowd.

Then Garrett appeared in front of me and pushed a path through the photographer's, at last we reached the open door of a car and Garrett stepped aside, but before anyone could say anything I launched myself inside and curled up into a ball against the far door.

I felt the seat dip and a presence beside me.

"Hey sit up, it was only a few paps, for goodness sake Mandy, there will be a lot more at the hotel and around the town"

I sat up and wiped the tears from my eye's and stared out the tinted window.

"Look Mandy you'll get use to it" he said in a less commanding voice.

I didn't bother to turn round as I answered.

" I have no intention of getting use to it, I will not be leaving my room, only to meet with your lawyer"

" But you can't stay in your room, you need to get out and see the sights, don't be so ridiculous"

Oh boy here we go again Mr Jerkson is back.

I turned and glared at him.

"I didn't come here to sight see, I didn't come to have my picture taken or have the pup's or who ever the hell they are speculate about my private life, I came here for one thing and one thing only to see your lawyer.
How many more frigging times do I have to tell you, I want to get this sorted as soon as possible, then I can go home"

By the end of my statement my adrenaline had me shouting, as I finished my rant I huffed turned to look out the window and silently cried, my evil mind flashing up images of my home, my friends and Bonnie just to torment me.

Hell this weekend couldn't go quick enough for me.

As the car slowed to a stop, I could see people gathered on the sidewalk all armed with camera's, great!

After Garrett exited the front seat and made his way round to Jasper's door as it was against the sidewalk directly opposite the hotel entrance, I hatched a plan.

As Jasper got out and stood up facing the crowd, who were throwing questions at him and snapping photo's.

I slowed open my door looked around, good the coast was clear, I slipped out keeping my head down, I made my way around the front of the car just as Jasper leant back into the car presumably to drag me out.

As everyone's attention was on the door, I sprinted across the sidewalk and straight into the hotel, where I got some funny looks from the people in the lobby.

By now Jasper had realised I wasn't in the car and had stood up again looking around, until Garrett point to the hotel lobby, then I saw anger in Jasper's face as he marched into the lobby.

He came straight over to me.

"What the hell, do you realise you just made me look stupid"

"Trust me, you didn't need any help with that" I replied, only making him more angry.

"Those reporters were waiting to see you and you ran and left me"

"Hey hold on buddy, I was never with you, we only travelled in the same car, so I didn't leave you, I didn't ask for my photo to be taken and you have no right to expect me to either, now where's my room so I can go and be by myself and have a pity party for one"

I retorted poking him in the chest to get all my points across.

Just then a middle aged couple came up to where we were standing.

"And who is this Jasper, may I ask, is she your girlfriend or just another floozy" the man said with distain.

"Bloody hell! Is America full of self righteous pompous jerks, no I'm not his girlfriend thank God, nor his bit on the side, or floozy, I'm here because I don't have any choice, but trust me as soon as my business with him is finished, I will be gone, back to civilisation, now if you'll excuse me , I'm going to the bar until he gets my room sorted" and with that said I took off to the bar and I didn't look back once.

Because if I had I would have seen mother, father and son watching me.