So To Plan B

Jasper's POV

Leaving the conference room, ignoring all the questions being fired at us, we bumped into Garret, who escorted us back to the limo.

Once we were settled in our seats, I turned my attention to Garret.

"Well?" I asked.

"We tracked this Colby down, he lives just outside Manchester in England, a 26 years old, Office manager"

"And did you persuade him to leave my Mandy alone"

At this Melanie looked at me and raised her eyebrows, which I ignored and waited for Garret to answer.

"No I  didn't"

"What I told you.." I began.

Garret interrupted.

"Hang on let me explain, we spoke to his long time partner Ben, they have been a couple for 5 years and only helped Mandy because she was distressed and drunk as some asshole had messed her about and they didn't want her kicked off her flight for being drunk, his words not mine"

"Ben and Colby?" I asked.

Garret nodded and gave a small smile.

"So she lied to me"

All of a sudden laughter erupted from beside me, I turned to see Melanie trying to stifle her laugh.

I looked at her with an angry expression on my face.

"What's so funny" I growled.

"You" she replied "She lied to you and your pissed, now you know how she's feeling after all the lies you told her" And she laughed some more.

I fumed to myself, but hell if I felt like this because she lied to me once, how does she fell to the amount of lies I've told her.

This made my heart sink, no wonder she doesn't want anything to do with me.

How was I going to win her over now.

"Hey lover boy" Melanie broke into my self pity.

"I can see you over thinking this, just hold fire and let us ladies sort your mess out "

"Us ladies?" I enquired.

"Oh yes, if this is the woman for you and I have an inkling she is and she can knock some goddamn sense and humanity into you, then I need to get you both together, for everyone's sake"

"I don't think it will work, she's right I'm always a jerk when I'm around her, I can't help it, it's like a Defense mechanism, stopping me from getting to close" I huffed.

"Hey" she spoke in a soft voice "You haven't always been like this, once you were the kindest man I knew that's why we became friends, it's because that bitch did what she did to you that changed you.
But what I've seen of you since this Mandy's been on the scene you are showing signs of your old self, you've just got to trust Mandy's intentions are good and let go of the past"

I pondered on what Melanie had said and decided that it made sense, I needed to stop comparing Mandy to that woman, they were so different and I had feelings for Mandy I never felt for that other bitch.

We arrived back at my penthouse and were greeted by my sister, ignoring me and heading straight to Melanie, who she pulled into a hug.

"I'm so proud of you, how are you feeling" gushed my little sister.

"Surprisingly good, it feels great not to have to hide anymore"

They chatted a while, before Melanie turned to me.

"Don't look so worried, I'm sure it will help.

"That's if she saw it" I mumbled.

"Oh she saw it" Diane slipped in, winking at me.

"How do you know that"

"I have my ways" then she turned solemn.

"But I don't think it had the impact we were hoping for"

"Oh" both Melanie and I said together.

"I have my spies in her camp, so to speak and they said, she still doesn't accept the fact that your interested in her for more than a one night stand"

I then felt a bit guilty, because I had wanted to sleep with her to see if I could get her out of my mind, but now I knew I wanted more, I wanted the whole package, she still didn't see that and I didn't know how to make her see it.

"So" Diane drew the word out bringing me out of my musings.

"We have to go to plan B"

"What!" I cried "There is no plan B, I should just forget her and move on with my life, she's been nothing but a pain in the ass, won't do as she's told, argues all the time, runs away when I try and surprise her, rejects me at every turn, so let's forget the whole thing"

Diane looked at Melanie and they both gave a small nod.

"Okay fine we'll leave you to it then bye" snapped Diane , as she and Melanie stood to leave.

"Well you better get to the office then, best way to forget is throw yourself into your work, come on Melanie let's go we need to shop for our double dates tonight"

They both left the penthouse, whilst I leant forward in my chair and buried my head in my hands.

"It's for the best" I told myself, so why wasn't I believing it, why did I still want that annoying feisty little English girl.

Why did I feel that part of me was dormant when she was not around and why did I feel so giddy and lightheaded when she was, even if she was arguing with me or hitting me.

This bought a small smile to my face, that was the reason right there, I was in love with this damn infuriating business owner, I goddamn loved her with all my heart, I couldn't let her go if I tried.

"Shit!" I yelled and grabbed my phone, frantically dialling Diane's number.

"Pick up, pick up " I muttered.

"Hello brother, what do you want?"

" Diane " relief swamping me as she answered.

" Diane , I was wrong, I do need your help, plan B sounds fine, please come back and help" I pleaded.

She didn't answer for a minute making me wonder if she had hung up.

"Okay Bro, just for you, open your door then"

"What?"

"We knew you would come to your senses, so we waited outside your door for the call, I just collected $10 from Melanie as I was nearest on how long it would take you to stop being stupid "

Sighing I got up phone still to my ear and opened my front door to two grinning faces, who stepped past me and plonked down on the sofa.

"Okay then, what's plan B?"

Melanie and Diane looked at each other and grinned, I had a feeling I wasn't going to like plan B.