Relief At Last

Mandy's POV

The ride home was in silence, though I had eventually got on okay with his parents, who weren't rich and famous like their son, but owned and ran a small hardware store in Texas.

And what finally convinced them I wasn't a floozey or after Jasper's money, was after I had spoken with such passion about my business and that I could never leave it, they realised we had so much in common.

But Jasper I just couldn't forgive him, the insults about my clothing, the rough stuff and most importantly the lies.

He tried to pacify me on the drive back, but I was having none of it.

" Look, Mandy I'm sorry I deceived you.."

I held my hand up.

"Jasper please, I don't want to talk about it okay, just don't organise anything else that involves me, except the meeting with your lawyer, I've had enough of your deceit and lies, I just want to finish up and go home"

"Okay I promise, but I'm still sorry, not for what happened, but the way I did it and for your information my parents loved you"

And I had grown to love them, but I wouldn't tell anyone that.

The following morning I woke in the plush surroundings of my bedroom, bedroom who am I kidding this was the size of my annex, I wouldn't ever need to take Bonnie out again we could walk round the suite, it was about as far as going around the lake.

At the thought of Bonnie I began to tear up, how I missed her and my home, sure this was luxury that I never dreamed of, but it's not for me.

Once the lawyer was satisfied and I knew I wasn't going to lose my home, I could go back to where I belong.

There was a light knock on my door.

"Would madam like tea in bed or shall I leave it on the side?"

What, I'm not that lazy that I need tea in bed.

"No thank you, just leave it on the side, I'll be out in a minute" I heard some shuffling of feet the clink of crockery, then silence.

I grabbed the gown of the chair and hurried out the door to get my tea.

As I turned the corner heading to the kitchen, I came face to chest with a male obstacle.

I let out a little squeak and looked up, of course it had to be Jasper, who was literally leering at me, then I realised I hadn't done the gown up when I nearly bumped into him I had let it go to brace myself against his chest.

So as he looked down he could see me in a small t shirt and knickers, that didn't leave much to the imagination, and me pawing at his six pack.

I squeaked again, quickly remove my hands and covered myself up quickly as I turned a bright shade of red.

Of course he has to laugh, jerk! I grabbed my tea, added milk and sugar and shot back into my room slamming the door.

I could still hear him laughing and against my better judgement, his laughing bought a smile to my face.

"How the hell did you get in" I yelled.

"With the waiter, how do you think he knew you would want tea"

'Smart arse' I thought, then I asked the all important question, the reason I was here in the first place

"So when do we see your lawyer and get this all sorted out?"

I thought I heard him sigh, I definitely noticed his mood had changed, when he next spoke.

"I will be speaking to him this morning to arrange a meeting"