On The Mend

Mandy's POV

I was still trying to come to terms with the fact that I wasn't dead and Jasper's generous reward to Jessica for effectually saving my life.

It turns out the card and number were for a friend of Jasper's in the hotel trade and he was hoping Jessica would work at one of his hotels , better money and better hours, so more time could be spent with her son.

Plus I wanted to know where the hell I was as this was to posh to be an N.H.S. hospital.

As my vision became clearer and my joints loosen up, I decided I needed to visit the bathroom, digging my elbows into the soft mattress I pushed to get myself into a sitting position, so I could slide out of bed.

"What the hell do you think your doing" came a booming voice from across the room.

"Gee's Jasper you scared the living daylights out of me"

Ignoring my comment he stalked across the room and stood glaring down at me.

"What!" I may have said it louder than I had intended.

" And where do you think you are going" still glaring at me.

"The bathroom if it's any concern of yours" I grumbled.

"Gavin, Lisa, Mandy needs the bathroom.

The two of them rushed over and tried to assist me, but had to give up as I fought them off whilst making my feelings known.

"Get off me, I'm not a blasted invalid, I thought you were here to protect me, not nursemaid me, now get off"

As they backed off, Jasper still stood glaring at me.

"Mandy"

"No Jasper, you listen, I agreed to the bodyguards against my better judgement, I did not agree to nursemaids okay, either we agree on this now or I'm leaving"

" You can't leave, you are to rest for seven to ten days"

"What! not bloody likely, I need to get home, I have a business to run"

Now it was my turn to glare at him.

"Mandy why do you always fight me on everything?"

"I don't fight you on everything, only things that you get wrong, which in your case is nearly everything"

I could see Garrett, Lisa and Gavin all trying to hide their giggles.

Jasper gave a great big huff.

"Alright Mandy no help okay"

I couldn't help but grin.

"But Lisa comes with you as a bodyguard not a nursemaid" now he smirked.

"I don't need a bodyguard to go to the bathroom, anyway where the hell is the bathroom, even more important where are we"

I struggled to sit up and bit my lip to hide the pain, I'm dammed if I was going to let Jasper know he was right that I did need help.

Lucky for me Jasper was facing away from me talking to Garrett, but I noticed Lisa saw me struggling and quickly came over pulling me up and as Jasper turned around she bent down and picked up my slippers, handing them to me with a discreet wink.

It seemed we got away with it as Jasper spoke.

"Well you are in my small abode near Hyde Park and the bathroom for this room is over there" pointing to a door on the far wall with a smirk.

Pushing my feet into my slippers, I pushed up off the bed and a shooting pain made me take in a sharp intake of breath.

"Bloody millionaires why do they have to have everything so damn big, what's wrong with a small apartment" I muttered under my breath.

However it was loud enough for Lisa to hear as she covered her mouth with her hand to stifle the laugh.

After struggling to the bathroom and back again with the discreet help of Lisa, I plonked on the bed.

"Okay where are my clothes?"

"Why do you need clothes?" His highness growled with his hands on his hips.

"Well it maybe a strange concept to you, but when one gets up, one gets dressed"

"Not happening" he barked.

"Suit yourself" pushing off the bed I made my way to the bedroom door.

Jasper shot in front of me, blocking the door.

"Where the hell do you think your going, dressed like that"

"Well Mr Jerkson, as you will not allow me my clothes then I will go home like this"

"Nope" he said popping the p.

"Don't make me slap you again" I hissed.

By now the room was full of barely disguised laughter as the three bodyguards watched our banter.

"Mandy!" An exasperated Jasper said throwing his hands in the air. "Why won't you do as I say"

"Because you are not my boss" then I relented a bit.

"Look Jasper I appreciate all you have done for me I really do, but I want to go home, if I promise to rest and the gun guards or whoever they are protect me, can I please go home" I pleaded.

I watched as Jasper's features softened and the grim face became a smiley one.

" Okay you all heard her, she will do bed rest for ten days and if she leaves the room, you bring her straight back here, so I can lock her in"

'What' I thought 'I didn't agree to that, still if it gets me home I'll worry about the rest then'

"Bossy much" I huffed causing another muffled round of laughter.

Five hours later I was limping into my beloved reception area, after fighting our way through the press camped outside and then coming face to face with the four musketeers, Bella, Rosie, Dawn and Emma, who all rushed to fuss over me.

"Jasper said" started Rosie.

I stopped and glared at my friend's and raised my finger in the air to emphasise my words.

"Don't even think about going there, right"

They looked at me in shock.

"But" Bella started.

I turned to her.

"Since when as he been the boss around here" I asked putting my hands on my hips.

"Wow! Someone got out the wrong side of the bed this morning, didn't they" Rosie interjected.

"Okay, everyone listen up, this is my business, my home and my life and I run all three the way I want, right! Jasper is not involved in any of them, right! I'm glad we've cleared that up, now I'm going to see Bonnie and have a lay down"

And with that said I made my way to the annex and Bonnie and bed.

Going down the hallway I heard footsteps behind me, turning I came face to face with the gunners.

"And where do you think your going?" I asked.

"With you" grumbled Gavin.

I shook my head.

"Not a chance, you can play bodyguard and follow me around outside if you wish and see off the media, but in here this is mine and Bonnie's domain"

I held up my hand as Gavin opened his mouth to speak.

"If you are going to quote Jasper don't! Plus if you try and come any further I will ring the police and have you removed for trespassing, now please go and tell Emma to find you some rooms and I'll let you know when I'm going out"

And with that I ambled into my annex to be greeted by one overly zealous Bonnie.