The World And Me

Mandy's POV

As I woke and blinked at the sunshine sneaking through my ill fitting curtains, I felt movement behind me and a large arm crept around my waist and pull me backwards against a solid chest.

"Morning gorgeous" a husky voice announced.

"Is there a better way to wake up in the morning" as his hand started to roam and suddenly another joined in.

"Jasper" I cried out as I struggled to get out of his tentacles, he had about as many as an octopus, as soon as I pushed one off it reappeared somewhere else.

I knew if I didn't get up now I would still be here all day.

"Jasper" I hissed again, still struggling to free myself from his clutches.

" I've got to get up, I've a business to run"

"Sell it and spend all day in bed with me" he announced.

I knew he was joking but it bought the stark reality of the situation home.

I would not give up my B and B for anything, not even for the man I love, yes love, I hadn't told him and didn't intend to, I knew we couldn't last, we had different lives, different ideals, neither of us would give up on our dreams.

So I'd just keep my real feelings to myself and enjoy my time with Jasper whilst I could.

I eventually managed to get free and rush in to the bathroom, where I showered and prepared myself for the day ahead.

On re-entering my bedroom, I started to drool as Jasper leant back against my headboard hands behind his head and his chest and arm muscles stretched tight, a light stubble and mussed hair completing my fantasy man.

I had to fight the urge not to throw myself on him.

"I'm just going to pop into reception, so I'll bring you back a coffee if your a good boy"

I shrieked and flew out the door as a naked Jasper lunged out the bed at me.

Reaching reception I saw a bemused Emma behind the desk, Emma was another college student working as my receptionist part time.

"What wrong Em" I asked leaning on the desk.

She picked up the newspaper she was reading turned it to face me and dropped it on the desk.

There staring back at me, was me! and I was surrounded by more pictures of Jasper and me, walking hand in hand to the Hotel, me running away and Jasper chasing me, me over Jasper's shoulder, me walking back with Jasper, me sitting between Brent and Jasper and me kissing Jasper, the headlines read, Jasper's new leading lady.

The whole of the evenings events played out in picture format, then Emma point to the main door behind me, where I was greeted by camera flashes.

"Shit!" I screamed and dived behind the reception desk and ducked down.

Emma looked down at me and said "I had to lock the door Mandy they kept coming in and asking for you, Dawn has locked the tea room door as well.

"Shit" I shouted again.

"Em dial my room and tell Jasper there are press out here"

Emma raised her eyebrows and smiled as she figured out what I had been doing all night.

She spoke to Jasper, who instructed her to call the police.

Which Emma did after finishing with Jasper, she then turned to me and smiled a huge smile.

"Jasper said and I quote tell Mandy to get her butt back here, until the police arrive, I haven't finished with her yet, unquote"

I turned bright red and muttered a few well choosen swear words directed at a certain person, before rushing back down the hallway to my annex.

I barged into the bedroom ready to confront his highness in his birthday suit, but I was shocked to find him dressed and looking, what can I say handsome.

"Come on Mandy, we need to get out of here else your business will suffer with that lot around"

"Well I hope you know what to do this is all new to me"

"Yer" he sighed "same old thing, we'll go out the front so they can see us leave then they'll follow us and leave your premises alone.

" Follow us, how far" I was beginning to panic.

"Easy love, I'll be with you all the time okay"

"Okay" though I didn't feel it, far from it in fact.

Fifteen minutes later we headed into reception, Jasper holding my hand tight, I think he was scared I would do a runner like last time I met the press, very perceptive of him.

Emma looked up and smiled when she saw us.

"Police are on their way Mandy, my you do look a handsome couple"

I lowered my head as I blushed.

" Hey don't hide" Jasper whispered lifting my head up with his hand.

"The world wants to see the gorgeous, beautiful you"

"Shut up" I snapped "it's you they want, if they wanted me, where have they been all my life"

We approached the door as the crowd outside all lifted their camera's up.

"Ready darling" Jasper stated.

"As I'll ever be" I muttered.

" Right let's get this show on the road"

And with that he spun me round making me gasp and before I knew it I was bent backwards Hollywood style with Jasper's tongue down my throat.

When eventually he let me up for air, and started dragging me outside.

"What was that for" I hissed.

"Show, now they will definitely follow us and leave your business alone, trust me"

"No chance" I muttered, as we were besieged by camera's and reporters.

How the hell does anyone deal with this on a daily basis, my run and hide seemed a much better idea now, as I was pushed and jostled, had camera's and microphones shoved in my face.

Jasper had advised me just to keep repeating no comment, but to do that you needed the ability to be able to string two words together and with all that was going on around me I was incapable of one word let alone two.

I mean I wouldn't have been able to answer there questions if I had wanted to, they came so thick and fast, I couldn't keep up with them, just as I thought I was going to die buried beneath a mountain of press, a car loomed up in front of me, the door was snatched open and I was shoved inside, closely followed by Jasper.

"Thanks Garrett" puffed Jasper.

"Oh great man mountains here to"

"Morning to you to Miss Clayton" chuckling he climbed in the driver's seat and we were off

I then noticed we weren't alone in the back, I let out a small scream.

"It's all right Mandy, she's with me, I mean us, she's my publicist, Mandy, Caroline, Caroline, Mandy"

"Hi, sorry you scared me I thought you were one of them bloody press people"

Caroline looked at Jasper with a puzzled expression on her face.

"Told you she was different" Jasper remarked.

Now it was my turn to look puzzled.

"Caroline is use to dealing with fame whore's" Jasper explained "women who are more interested in the world seeing them and doing anything to get media interest"

"Oh, I see, well don't worry about me, I hate attention"

"Well I'm afraid to tell you, that you are about to get a crash course in being a media icon"