Family Entanglement

Jasper's POV

"Hello father, mother, what are you doing here?"

"We heard you were back in town son and as we were passing"

"Oh come on dad you never just pass or come and see me, you always have a reason so what are you up to?"

"Well we understand you have been seeing a lot of a certain young lady, is that her" he said pointing after Mandy.

"Yes, but it's not what you think, we have some business to sort out, then She'll be gone"

"I see you haven't changed then" he laughed.

"Bloody hell, dad, she's not like that, it really is business and not in the bedroom either"

My parents looked at me then each other, before my dad said.

"Just be careful son I don't want you to get hurt again"

"Trust me dad I have no intention of going through that again and besides there is nothing going on between Mandy and me, but if there was she's one I would trust"

After we got through the rest of the pleasantries, my parents invited Mandy and me out for dinner.

"I don't think she'll come, she's not the socialising type"

"Oh!" Commented my mother.

"No mum, she hates having her picture taken, she doesn't really drink, and she hates crowds and she's not overly fond of rich people either"

"Wow, what does she like then?"

"Her Bed and Breakfast, her two girl friends , quiz nights, a sing along at her local and Bonnie her dog"

"Oh, I see" though clearly my mum didn't. "Well I insist you bring her, can't have her alone in a strange place, one hour in O'Rourke's"

"Well I'll try but I can't promise"

"What, are you slipping son"

"No dad, but she's fiesty and has a mind of her own"

"Well you better turn on your charm then" he laughed.

"One hour son, the two of you" mother said over her shoulder dragging my father behind her out of the hotel.

Shit! How the hell am I going to convince her to come.

I made my way to reception, signed in and got the keys, then made my way to the bar, spotting Mandy pearched on a bar stool facing the bar, as a man sat next to her trying to chat her up , but wasn't having much luck by the looks of things.

As I approached, I could hear the conversation.

"Can I at least buy you a drink"

"Nope"

"Dinner?"

"Nope"

"How about bed" he smirked.

"Not desperate enough"

"Gee, you're one hell of a hard bitch"

"Yep and you're one hell of a loser"

"Fuck you!" He said standing glaring at her for a second before moving off"

"Not a chance" she replied.

I couldn't help the smile on my face as I approached.

"Can I at least buy you a drink" I whispered.

She rounded on me.

"Where the hell have you been, I think every bloody jerk in this hotel has hit on me"