Secret

When I get back, I see Jared helping out Susie and Betty.
"What the hell?" I say as I approach the booth.
"Thank you so much Jared. Oh look, there's Baire!" Susie says and see his smirk and I feel all the anger boil within me again.
"Hi, sorry if I'm a bit late. Lost track of time." I say with a smile.
"It's okay. Jared's been helping us while you were gone. Such a nice young man he is." Betty says and I try not to laugh out loud.
"You know, it's real hot outside ladies, Blaire and I can take care of this while you two go and have a nice long break yourselves." Jared says and I bite my tongue and the ladies agree and thank us booth before they take Betty's car and leave.
"Are you that obsessed with driving me absolutely batshit crazy?" I ask as I re-organize some pieces of jewelry that were out of place.
"I saw you with that guy earlier and thought we should talk." He says and I laugh.
"That's not any of your business." I say before taking a drink of water and wishing it was some sort of alcohol.
"Doesn't mean I can't talk to you about it." He says and I shake my head.
"Doesn't mean I'm going to tell you anything. Listen, if you really want to help, start helping me instead of talking to me." I say looking at him.
"I can do that." He says and I nod.
"Thank you." I say before we start working.
The only good thing about Jared being here right now was that he was a good looking guy and he drew in lots of girls and ladies.
By the time Betty and Susie got back from lunch, we had sold seven pieces of jewelry in an hour. We were lucky if we sold seven pieces of jewelry in one morning so maybe he should work here as well...
***
At the end of the day I was really tired and the last thing I needed was for Jared to ask me if he could get a ride back to his hotel.
"How do you get here if every afternoon you need a ride back to your hotel?" I ask him annoyed.
"I walk." He answers back and I sigh.
"Then why don't you walk back?" I ask he he laughs.
"Because I've been standing all day Blaire." He says and I want to scream.
"Should I expect to give you rides every afternoon now?" I ask and he shrugs.
"If I ask. I mean if you want to spend more time with me then be my guest." He says and I push him away before walking towards my car.
I drive Jared to his hotel and it's another silent drive. When we get there, he looks at me.
"What? What are you looking at?" I ask and he shakes his head.
"Oh nothing...There's just... I think you have a hickey on your neck." He says and I pull the small hand mirror out of that stupid bag Jared bought for me and look on my neck and there's nothing there.
"Get out Jared." I say and he laughs.
"Do you want one?" He asks and I look at him surprised.
"What did you just ask me?" I ask and smiles.
"Do you want a hickey on your neck?" He asks and I shake my head.
"No! Why would you ask that?" I say and he puts his hand on my thigh.
"Blaire, I like you, I do. But you are just too serious all the time. You need to lighten up." He says and I can't help but enjoy his touch.
"Why are you touching me?" I ask and he retracts his hand and runs it through his hair.
"You know I know that you had sex with that guy today right? I'm not stupid." He says and I immediately want to punch him.
"So? What are you going to do? Tell my mom and dad?" I say and he laughs.
"Blaire, you honestly think I seriously care about your sexual relationships. I don't. I do however think you need to throw away whatever drugs you bought and sold yourself for... And start getting clean. As far as I know, you've done really good for the past couple months." He says and I put my head against the steering wheel.
"How do you know anything about how I've been doing for the past couple months? And what gives you the fucking right, to tell me what you think I should and shouldn't do?" I say calmly before looking at him again.
"Well, your parents met me this afternoon while you were on your little adventure, doing what you were doing and decided to tell me a little bit more about you." He says and I sigh.
"Oh of course they did." I say looking away from him and out the window on my side.
"Can I tell you a secret?" He says and I shrug, still not looking at him.
"I think you're passion for hating me is very attractive. It's dangerous, but every time I piss you off I just want to kiss you." He says and my eyes widen.
"What?" I ask daring to look at him.
"You heard what I said Blaire. Don't make me say it again." He says and I shake my head knowing he's trying to mess with me.
"Don't say stupid shit like that." I say crossing my arms.
"Why do you always have to fight me?" He asks with a smile.
"Because you drive me crazy!" I yell at him and he reaches for my hand and pulls me to him and kisses me right on the mouth.
I push away from him and my chest is rising and falling.
"Fucking stop! Jesus fucking Christ! What the fuck is wrong with you Jared?" I say before sitting back in my seat.
"You're something different." He says looking at me.
"Get out of my car Jared!" I yell and he sighs.
"Okay. See you later." He says and I shake my head.
"Don't fucking come near me again." I say before he closes the door.
I pull away and wonder what the fuck just happened. I knew he was trying to get a rouse from me. Why the hell would he kiss me? I don't understand why he thought it was okay.
I wiped my lips with the back of my hand and ran the back of my hand on my jean skirt.
What the hell is his problem?