Bet

Well, tonight's the night.
As much as I didn't want to go on this date, I was excited for a free meal and to also get away from my parents.
He said I needed to wear something black and tight so I was. The dress showed off enough cleavage to make me feel sexy and yet, why did I want to please him?
When I was done getting ready and I sat in the kitchen and waited for Jared to get there.
It's amazing how on time he was. As soon as the time changed to seven, there was a knock on the door.
I opened it and saw Jared in similar attire to when he was at church.
Without saying a word he looked me up and down and licked his lips.
"You followed instruction. That's promising." He says with a smirk and I instantly regret this.
"Shut up." I say grabbing his leather jacket and putting on around my shoulders.
"Hello my old friend." He says running his hand along the leather.
"Thought you'd like to see that again." I say biting my lower lip.
"Alright, let's go." Jared says and I nod.
He walks me out to his car and opens the door for me.
"What a gentleman." I say rolling my eyes.
"Of course." He says before closing the door and walking around the car. getting in and starting it with a roar.
"Nice ride. You should use it more so I wouldn't have to drive you everywhere." I say crossing my arms.
"I'd rather walk. But I wasn't going to make you walk around all night." He says looking at my feet which wore heels.
"What a smart man you are." I say placing my hand on his thigh and running my hand up and down his leg.
I had to have a little fun with him.
He clears his throat and I smile knowing I got a reaction.
"So, where are we eating tonight?" I ask and that's when I realize he's going towards Lunar.
"I think you know." He says with a smirk.
"No. No you promised me food. If you wanted sex, you could have just asked me for that." I say and he laughs.
"Right, so you were more eager to have sex with me then you let on." He says and I shrug.
"Whatever helps you sleep at night. Listen, I haven't eaten in hours. The least you could do is feed me before you have your way with me." I say looking out the window.
"Hangry much? There's food at Lunar, women." He says and I slap his arm with my hand.
"I hate that you address me as "women."" I growl out.
"Well that right there is a good reason for me to keep calling you that." He says placing his hand on my thigh this time.
I look from him to his hand on my exposed skin and I can't help but be turned on by him right now.
"I hate you." I say and he smirks again.
"Blaire, I love the way you hate me."
***
He parks and we walk into Lunar, his strong hand wrapped around my waist.
We walk up to the third floor and he opens the door to his room.
How romantic. Some candles, chocolate covered strawberries, and a couple rose petals on the bed.
"Well I have to say... I am impressed that you took the time to buy some cheep chocolate covered strawberries, steal some candles and steal some rose petals from the bouquet downstairs in the main lobby." I say looking from the room back to Jared.
"Okay, you got me on the Rose petals and candles but those chocolate strawberries were not cheep." He says and I step towards him.
"Is that so?" I ask putting my hand on Jared's chest.
"Yeah." He says putting his hands on my waist and pushing me against the wall.
"Who steals candles and rose petals?" I ask with a laugh.
"A man who isn't willing to pay for some rose petals and candles so he can get other things for his date." He says before stepping back from me and walking to the dresser and grabbing the bag that sat on top of the rustic wood furniture.
"What did you get me?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest.
He hands me the bag and I pull the handles apart and inside sits a new bra.
"I thought we were supposed to go shopping for my new bra together." I say with a smile.
"Just be happy I got you another. Same brand, same size, sexier than the last in my opinion." He says and I nod.
"When has your opinion mattered to me?" I ask hanging the bag on the door handle.
"Stop being so stubborn and give this a rest. Just for tonight huh?" He says grabbing my wrist and pulling me close to him.
"You've been talking to my mother haven't you?" I ask and he smiles.
"Nah. I think you should just give yourself a break, hating someone is a lot of work." He says before he walks me to the bed.
I sit down and he joins me on the other side.
"So what's your plans for tonight?" I say and he shrugs.
"I just wanted to talk. Maybe I can get my jacket back?" He asks and I can't help but laugh.
"You have a better chance at me staying the night with you then getting that jacket back." I say and his eyebrows raise.
"Want to make a bet out of that?" He asks and I roll my eyes.
"I don't need to bet anything. You gave me that jacket months ago. It's mine now, babe." I say patting his shoulder with my hand.
"Come on. Live a little. If you're so sure you won't stay the night with me then you have nothing to loose, right? Unless you know... You're not as confident as I think you are." He says and I sigh.
I don't know what this was but I wanted to prove him wrong.
"Fine. If I stay the night with you, and we don't have sex, you can have your damned jacket back." I say and he smirks.
"And if you leave?" He asks.
"I keep your jacket and have bragging rights." I say and he extends his hand out to me.
"And when you take me back home, you get me a burger because these chocolate strawberries are not going to fill me up." I say and he sighs.
"Sounds like a deal." He says and I smirk before shaking his hand.
"Let the games begin." I say before biting into a chocolate covered strawberry.