Waffles and Vegan Pancakes

So we're sitting in this restaurant and we order. I end up getting waffles and Jared gets vegan pancakes.
"Do vegan pancakes even taste like normal pancakes?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.
"We'll, to me they do. I haven't had a normal pancake in a while." He says and I nod.
"Well then tell me about when you first had a vegan pancake. Did it taste the same then?" I ask and he shrugs.
"It just tasted like a pancake Blaire." He says taking a drink of his green tea.
I sit back in my seat and sigh. It was early in the morning, and I didn't want to feel annoyed by him. I just wanted to eat and go home.
"Fine." I say under my breath.
"What's your problem with me now?" He asks calmly.
"You are always my problem. You always find a way to make me crazy." I say sitting back in the seat.
"Well, I'm glade I can have such an impact on you." He says with a smile and I roll my eyes.
"Can you just shut up?" I ask and he shakes his head.
"I don't really like that idea. Besides, I like annoying you too much anyways. I think you would have caught on to that by now." He says and I stand up from the table roll my eyes.
"Where you going?" He asks as I start to walk towards the bathrooms.
"Why do you need to know?" I reply not looking back behind me.
***
By the time I get back to our table and I've calmed myself down, our food is there and Jared is just sitting there, not eating.
"You didn't have to wait for me." I say and he shrugs.
"I'd like to think I'm polite." He says and I sit down and pour some syrup on the waffles and cut it.
"Enjoy." He says and I look up at him.
"You too. Thanks for getting it I guess." I say with a smile and he nods.
"Of course." He says back and we both dig in.
***
When he drops me off, my parents walk outside with smiles on their faces.
"Hello Jared! You hungry Hun?" My mother asks.
"No ma'am. I actually took Blaire and myself for breakfast already but thank you for the offer." He says and she whines a little.
"Well, thanks for taking such good care of her. You're sure you aren't hungry?" She asks and I roll my eyes.
"No mom, he's not hungry." I say and she looked back at me.
"Okay then. Well, we'll see you at the fair grounds then?" Mom asks.
"Yes ma'am." Jared says back with a smile.
"Fantastic. Well have a great day." My dad butts in and Jared nods towards my father before getting in the truck.
Mom walks back towards me and then turns around to wave goodbye to him.
"You must tell me how dinner and well, I guess breakfast too, was." She says and I smile.
I of course wasn't going to tell her about the sex, but I told her about the strawberries and the movie and how he offered to get me breakfast this morning.
"Well see! It wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be. I told you he was a nice guy." She says before walking towards the house.
"Oh yeah. He's nice alright." I say to her before walking away from her.
"Nice in bed." I mutter to myself before walking up the stairs to my room.