Double Nightmare

Jared's P.O.V.~

The light of the sun pulls me awake and my eyes slowly open to see the bland hospital room with a single TV, old paintings that the hospital has probably had since they opened, and then a single vase full of fake flowers. However, the only thing that I care about when I open my eyes, is Blaire.
Her body is curled up tightly on the chair beside me and her hands are up against her face. She sleeps soundly, her breath steady and slow. I was so happy she was here, but after our last conversation, I was surprised she was.
The door opens and a man enters.
"Good morning. I'm happy to see you're awake. That you're alive."
"It was that bad huh?" I ask and he nods.
"It was. You are very lucky to be alive."
It's then that my hand goes to my head and there's no hair.
"We had to shave your head. When you landed, your brain experienced some serious swelling and we had to reduce it."
"No problem. Hair grows back for sure." I say forcing a smile.
I wasn't that upset. My hair did grow super fast. The forced smile was more about the fact that I was in a lot of pain still.
"What are you hungry for then?" He asks me.
"Uh... what do you have?"
"I'll bring you a menu. Until then, try and rest some more."
"Yes sir."
The doctor walks out of the room and my eyes go straight back to Blaire.
How does she sleep so hard? I wake up so easily and she always seems to sleep like a rock.
I look at the wall and see that the time is fifteen minutes till seven.
I hope she wakes up soon. I need her to tell me what a dumbass I am or for her to tell me that she thinks the longer hair looked better on me. I need her sass and salt in my life right now.
***
Blaire's P.O.V.-

It was one of those nightmares. The nightmare within the nightmare. I was running towards Jared. He was on the ground and struggling to breathe and yet I couldn't reach him. No matter how fast I ran, the distance between him and I kept getting larger and larger.
He's reaching for me now. So much pain in his eyes and I scream for him before I "wake up" and I'm in the hospital. I see him in a bed now and the machine with his heart beat is normal.
"Jared I'm so happy you're okay." I say grabbing his hand.
His eyes slowly open and he smiles but he doesn't say anything. It's then that blood starts pouring out of his eyes and ears and nose and the heart rate machine starts to pick up and no one is coming even though I'm screaming for someone to help.
"Blaire!" He yells over and over again.
He starts shaking violently and then all at once it stops and my eyes pop open and I can't breathe and my god I just want to cry.
"Blaire! Hey, hey it's okay. It was just a dream." Jared says but I'm too afraid to look at him.
What if this is another nightmare?
"Blaire. Hey. Look at me." He says and I wipe the tears away before forcing my eyes open.
"It's okay. I'm okay. You're okay. Breathe." He says and I sigh loudly in relief before I pretty much tackle him and hug him tightly.
His arms wrap around me and I can't help but start crying again.
"I'm so sorry. I'm so, so, so, so, sorry, Jared."
"Why? You didn't do anything?"
"Yes I did. If I wouldn't have forced you to leave, we wouldn't be here right now."
He places his hand on my face and makes me look at him.
"This is not your fault, Blaire."
"But-"
"No. It's not your fault. Stop thinking it is. I'm going to be okay. You need to calm down, drink some water, and stop being so self detrimental. This isn't your fault." He says with a smile and I kind of want to slap it off.
"Don't you know it's dangerous to tell a women to calm down?"
"I won't do it again. Promise." He says and then he kisses me and I can't help but kiss back.
He does however pull away first and I take a deep breathe and stand up straight before running a hand through my hair.
"You should really get something to eat or drink. You look super exhausted." He says and I squint my eyes at him.
"Because I had to sleep in that chair all night. That's why I look so tired."
"You didn't have to stay." He says and I fight everything within me not to yell at him.
"Don't be stupid. Of course I had to stay."
"And why's that?" He asks with another smile, his eyebrows raised.
What do I say? Do I say the truth or do I tell him a variation of the truth?
"Because I wanted to. I wanted to make sure you were okay." I say.
It's the variation.
"Come on now. That's the only reason you stayed?"
I nodded.
"Yes."
"Well I'm okay. I guess you can go then." He says and my jaw drops.
"Goddammit! Fine. You want to know why I stayed?"
"Tell me why you stayed, Blaire."
"Because...."
"Because why?"
"Because I can't stand the thought of being without you! Because if you died last night, and I wasn't here to know for sure, I would be crushed. You make me so damn angry all the time, and I don't know why you pull me in every time, but without you, I know that I'm gonna go back to being that stripper who gets choked out by crazy ass men who don't care about me the way you do. And I don't know why you care so much but it keeps me on earth. It keeps me alive. You keep me alive. With your stupid comebacks and your stupid smile and your stupid way with your stupid words that make me want to be with you and as far away from you as I can get all at the same time. I heard about the crash last night after our fight and my heart felt like it was filling up with so much darkness. So much pain. I know I can't live without you in my fucked up life, Jared. I need you in my life." I say, tears streaming down my face again for what feels like the tenth time in the past five hours.
He grabs my hand and pulls me towards him again our lips slam together. It's fast but it's soft and special and blissful.
I just spilled my heart for him and it feels so weird. So unnatural.
"Don't you ever fucking pull that shit again, Leto. Or I will kill you myself." I say as I pull away.
I start towards the door and he calls my name.
I turn towards him and I sigh.
"Where you going?"
"I'm gonna get some water. Gonna go calm myself down." I say with a smirk before opening the door and making my way out into the hallway.