The Truth

Jared's P.O.V.~

There's not much to do while Blaire is gone. I hate being here, especially without her to keep me company.
So I end up grabbing a magazine that's about two years old and read about all the old stupid news.
After a couple minutes I'm bored with the magazine so I reach for the television remote to turn the tv on.
I switch through a couple of channels and sigh when there's nothing that's remotely interesting.
Blaire's only been gone for two hours and she wasn't supposed to be back until around eleven at night. It was only seven now.
I pressed the call button and a minute later, a nurse walks in and she's trying not to blush.
"What can I do for you, Mr. Leto?" She asks.
"I need something to do. And don't tell me to try reading or watch tv."
"What can I do for you then?" She asks walking up towards me.
"I need to walk around a bit. Get out of this room."
Her smile drops and I don't loose my eye contact with her.
"You can't leave the room unless I'm told you can."
"Then go ask."
"I'm sorry. I can't do that. The doctor is the only person here that can determine if you're ready to do anything like that and he's already at home."
"Then call him."
"And have him do an evaluation on you from there? I'm sorry, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow." She says before turning around and walking out of the room.
I groan. I should probably try and get some rest then, since I can't do anything else.
I got off and turned the lights off and then walked back to the bed and sat down, my hands resting on my knees.
I hate being here. Why did I have to get into this accident?
Please let me sleep, that way time goes by quicker.
I turn the tv off and and close my eyes, laying down as the ticking of the clock ticks every second that I'm waisting time.
For a couple minutes I turn back and forth but then I get somewhat comfortable and soon, I'm asleep.
***
When I wake up, my arm is being shaken.
"Jared. Wake up." Blaire says and I groan.
"If you don't wake up, I'm leaving." She says and that's what makes my eyes open, even in the slightest bit.
"No, you wouldn't leave me here." I say even though I know she would.
"You wanna try me?" She asks standing up and walking towards the door.
I sit up, eyes open wide now, and smile at her.
"Okay, okay. I'm up." I say and she crosses her arms over her chest.
"That's what I thought." She says making her way back over to me.
"How was work?" I ask with a smile.
"Fine. I fucked up a couple times." She says avoiding eye contact.
My smile fades and I reach out to grab her hand.
"What happened?"
"It's not important."
"Blaire..."
"Jared..."
The room goes quiet for a moment.
"I care about what happens to you, Blaire. Please tell me what happened."
"Do you? Do you really care?" She asks, tears rolling over her cheeks all of a sudden.
"Of course I do."
How many times do I have to say this to her?
"What the fuck are we doing, Jared? What is your goal? I told you completely how I felt and you just let me walk away. You didn't do anything except kiss me. How do you even feel about me?"
"Everything you said is how I feel, Blaire. You drive me nuts and I you, but would I like to try it out? Would I like to have an actual relationship with you? Of course I would. I'm sorry I didn't pull you back, and talk to you about this when you did. I was just so happy that you said what you did. You drive me crazy, Blaire... but I fucking love it." I say and she looks like she's going to cry again.
"Really?" She asks
"Yes. I think we balance each other out, and when argue, we argue until everything is settled. You're the only person here in this room with me right now, Blaire. I've gotten a call from my brother and my mom is on her way. But you, you are here with me now. Which means so much. Stop thinking I don't care. Because I do."
Now, she does cry and I pull her towards me and scoot over so she can lay next to me.
"There have been so many rotten tomatoes. I thought you were going to be one. Maybe that's why I've been so unable to let you in. It scares me." She says and I kiss her forehead.
"You don't have to worry about that. Whatever happens now between us is how it's supposed to be. But don't let your passion leave, because that's one of the things that make you so god damn beautiful." I say and I look at her, my heart full of so much joy.
"Okay... I really don't care for this short hair."
I smile.
"I knew you were gonna say that to me."
"You did not."
"I sure as hell did."
"Liar."
"Hardly. I think I know you better than you do sometimes."
"Okay, okay. Maybe you do." She says with a smile.
I wink at her and kiss her on the lips again.
I feel light. Like there's nothing that could bring down the happiness I feel right now.
I placed my hand on her face and closed my eyes.
"I know you wanted me to dance, but I'm much rather lay here with you." She says and I take a deep breath.
"Rain check?" I ask.
"You got it."