Chapter 38-The North and the South

A Vampire's Mate

Chapter 38-The North and the South

Song- Let It Go by The Neighbourhood

Aria's POV

She stares at me, as if trying to figure out something. The crowd goes silent. Her confusion disappears as she gasps with her hand over her mouth. She runs to me and she wraps her arms around me. I stay still, not knowing what to do. I hadn't seen my mother in years. Mattor of fact, I thought she was dead.

She pulls back and looks at me questiongly. I shrug and take a step back. Bennett looks back and forth but doesn't say anything.

"What just happened?!" A voice calls from the crowd and the whole crowd goes into a frenzy.

Bennett grabs my hand, leading me through the crowd, and back into the pack house. I turn around and she was right behind us.

"Guys, um, I'd like to be up to date so... What the fuck is going on?"

"Well, Bennett, this is my so called mother. I thought she was dead... but here she is! Expecting me to just jump into her arms!" I exclaim.

"Now hold up just a second!" She says. "I left for your own good! Rogues were hunting me down. If they would've found me, they would've found you! They would have killed you."

I roll my eyes. Ok, yeah, sure.

Bennett asks, "So... Aria is my half sister?"

"Full sister, actually. Jeremy is not your dad, Bennett."

"Oh." Bennett's expression shows relief. "That's awesome! Jeremy's a douche."

"Well, so is your real dad." I say.

Bennett shrugs. I can't handle all of this right now. I need to know if Alek, Trey, and Max are all right. They should've been here by now. I don't know what's going on anymore.

I walk away from the two and go back to the bedroom. I lock the door and curl up in a ball on the cold floor. I hear movement on the other side of the room. I quickly jump into a fighting stance.

"Aria." A voice says. "It's Max. I don't have long, I have to go back before Blake sees I'm gone and hurts them more than he already has." Max says.

Max tells me about Blake's powers and that they're being held captive until I decide to show up. Max leaves and I run out the door, trying to find Bennett.

I find Bennett talking with some girl and I grab his sleeve, tugging him away. This has to be more important than whatever they were talking about.

"I need help! My friends are in danger! Max was here and told me that they're locked in some abondoned castle. Blake is holding them hostage and torturing them. He wants me to come after them." I talk really fast and out of breath. I push my hair back from my face and Bennett just stares at me.

"Okay... there are only 2 abandoned castles that I know of because... well, who would not want a castle?!"

"Okay, well, we have to go! We have to help them!" She walks up and I tell her because I'm just really desperate right now.

"Bennett," She says, "gather up a group. We'll leave as quickly as possible."

Bennett nods and runs off. She turns to me. She shrugs.

"I know you're pretty mad at me-"

"Hah, that's an understatement."

"but," She keeps on, "I did what I had to do for you. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. You realize neither of us would be here right now if I hadn't done what I had. You have to understand my reason."

I nod. "Well, it does make sense... if that is actually true. I'll get over it."

She smiles. "Okay." She says lightly. "Oh, and you are the Chosen. You've brought peace to our land and for that, we're eternally grateful."

"So... I don't have to do anything? Just by being here I've brought peace?" I ask, confused.

"Well, the North and the South werewolves have been fighting over whether you were real and what exactly you would do. People now know you are here and real and just that thought, brings peace to both sides."

"Oh... well, okay."

A group of about 10 people come up, with Bennett leading them. She nods at them.

"You go." She says to me. "I'll stay here."

A/N Well, that took me longer to write than expected. I think I just kept putting it off. I'm in Drama at my school (I was forced) so I'm kinda a bit occupied with that. I have to memorize lines and crap like that. I will never do Drama again. I hate it. But... here's your chapter and I'm trying to wrap things up with this book so I don't have to do a sequel. I honestly don't know what the plot would be if you guys would want a sequel. So, yeah. I must seem super lazy to you guys. Well... I am!:P So anyways, please

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!

I love you, stay strong, stay perfect, you're worth it.

^Ooh, I like that! That's gonna be my catchprase!:$

-Haley