Chapter 25-If You Can't Hang

A Vampire's Mate

Chapter 25-If You Can't Hang

Song- If You Can't Hang by Sleeping With Sirens

Aria's POV

Now that Alek thinks I'm a fish, I have been going to great lengths to keep him thinking that. All I've been drinking is water...and it's killing me! I've also been taking baths instead of showers every hour or so.

Trey has also kept Alek thinking he's a demon. He didn't really have to do much, though. Since he already wears dark clothes. He put in contacts that make his eyes red, though.

I put in contacts that make my eyes blue...like water! I saw ones that make your eyes rainbow. It was so cool! I wanted to get those, but Trey wouldn't let me. He said Alek would know we were tricking him. But they're really pretty!

"Are you guys really going to let him think this?" Max asks and I nod.

"He deserves it! Why was he spying on us in the first place?" Trey adds.

I shrug and in walks Alek. He keeps saying Max and him have to go somewhere tonight, but Max refuses.

"Aria, will you go get me some water?" Alek asks.

"His royal highness can't get his own water?" I ask.

"No. He can't." Alek replies pointing to the direction of the kitchen.

"Well, if you're going to be a douche about it...you can go get your own water." I say and out of the corner of my eye, I can see Trey trying to keep a frown on...but fails miserably.

Alek scowls. "Right. I'm the douche? What about Max?...Or Drake?"

"Max is one of my best friends and Drake... I have no idea who he is." I say.

"Oh... I forgot you lost your memory." Alek says and bites his lip. "Well... I'm going to get some...water." With that, he walks away headed to the kitchen.

"He's acting... weird." Trey comments staring in the direction Alek went.

"No freaking duh." Max says and I just stay silent. They are right. Alek was acting really strange. I think he was kinda on edge.

Alek's POV (A/N Yay, in the mind of Alek)

Once I reach the kitchen, I realize how odd I acted. They're probably talking about me right now. I grab a water bottle out of the fridge.

I really just want to get Drake so my Aria will get her memory back. So she'll remember who she is, what she's doing here, and especially what I am to her.

I shake my head. Why won't Max come? Doesn't he want Aria to get her memory back? He probably doesn't care because she remembers him and Trey. I can't figure out why, though.

I know I can't go alone, father would never allow it. So maybe Trey will come with me. I can't expect Aria to help get her own memory back since she doesn't have any clue what's going on.

I miss her. I mean, she's still here, but I want her to remember. I want her to remember everything. I want my Aria back so bad it's driving me crazy. I know I will have to work to get her back. I will do anything.

Trey's POV

"My milkshake brings all the boys to yard!" Aria screams and falls down on top of me. "I'm so funny ..I make myself laugh!"

Aria is so crazy, but that's why I love her. I shake my head and see Max twitching and staring at Aria on top of me. Ooh, I think likes Aria! "Aw, does Maxie have a wittle crush on Aria?" I mock and he glares at me.

"No! I don't have a crush on Aria. It's not like I watch her everyday wishing she was mine..." He says and chuckles humorlessly. He scratches his head and stomps into the castle.

"Okay... that was odd. Why would you even think he has a crush on me?"

"He was staring at you on top of me... and he was twitching."

Aria stands up. "Well, he probably doesn't really like me... but I'm going to see if he's okay." She says and she walks into the castle slowly.

I laugh. He totally likes her. I guess she's not very good at figuring out if someone likes her. I can't believe I haven't noticed it before. Well, it's obvious now.

Aria's POV

I walk around not really knowing where to look for Max. I'd already looked in a million rooms. I hate castles. Only because they have so many freaking rooms it's crazy!

I walk in another room with no luck. Where the heck could he be? I walk in another room and another and another. This is crazy! I seriously have looked in about 60 rooms!

I walk in another room and there he is, laying on his bed with his face in a pillow. Wow. Maybe he does have a little crush on me.

I poke him and he groans. "Go away! I'm not in the mood, Alek."

I poke him again and without even moving his head on his pillow, he throws a pillow at me. I fall to the ground. Dang, he sure knows how to throw a pillow. He gets up.

"Alek...go-" He stops when he sees me. His eyes widen. "Oh my god, Aria! I am so so so sorry!" He says and picks me up.

I just look at him...in an awkward silence. "Um, Max?... You can put me down now." I say and his eyes widen again. He sets me down on the bed.

"I'm so sorry! Please forgive me, Ari!" He says and I laugh. It wasn't even a big deal.

"It's not that big of a deal...but, my side really hurts." I say and I look at him.

He pulls up my shirt a little and I point to my right side. He touches it and I wince a little. He touches it again but gentler. I look down and see a huge bruise. I gasp and look away.

"Is it gonna be alright?" I ask and he looks at me. He looks back down at the bruise, studying it.

"I think so. It'll heal like any other bruise." He says and looks back up at me.

"Listen, Max, I'm sorry about what Trey said earlier. He didn't mean it. I know you don't really have a crush on me. So, don't ju-" I don't get to finish before Max smashes his lips onto mine. I'm too shocked to really do anything.

He pulls away. "I do like you, Aria." I stare at him not really knowing what to say, do, or even think.

"Um...I..." I say and he frowns.

"I get it. You can't be with me because you love Alek. I get it." He says and I look at him oddly.

"I don't love Alek! I barely know him!"

"Really? Alek says different..." He says and scrunches his eyebrows. "Are you sure?" He asks.

"I'm sure!" I say and stomp out of the room. Alek has no right to say that! We are not dating, and I do not love him.

I see Alek walking towards me and I throw him against the wall. "How dare you! You little bastard! You have no right to say I'm in love with you!" I scream and I hit him.

"I'm sorry...but-" I cut him off.

"No. You say that to one more person and I'll cut your balls off in your sleep!" I let go off him and start to walk away. I turn around. "If you can't hang, leave me the hell alone!"

I walk off, still fuming. He has no right. I was not joking. If you can't hang, there's the door, baby.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT?

Was it good or bad. Please let me know! I can always fix things that you think don't make sense! :)

FAN!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

I love you, stay strong, stay perfect, you're worth it.

-Haley

A Vampire's Mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें