Chapter 24-Maxie!

A Vampire's Mate

Chapter 24-Maxie!

All Rights Reserved to Haley

Deppert.

Copying, selling, distributing, or advertising this book without permission is punishable by law.

You could go to jail.

Enjoy! :]

Unknown POV

I watch as Trey laughs and messes around with my Aria. Aria and I used to be best friends. Not her and Trey. She was supposed to be mine at some point. Trey and Alek are both in the way.

I walk away headed to the King and

Queen. They need to know I'm here then maybe they will let me see Aria. Even if they say no, I'm still going to. Aria is mine.

I open the doors and walk up to them. "Dad, mom." I say bowing. "It's me, Maxus. I have to take back what's mine and I'm asking my permission." Shock comes onto their faces, but they smile.

Aria's POV

Trey and I have been lying on this floor for about 15 minutes now. I want another piece of candy. I'm still ticked off that Alek took the candy that should've been mine to eat.

I'm seriously not going to talk to him until he gives me another piece of candy. He has to give Trey one, too. I look over to see Trey smiling like an idiot.

"What are you smiling like that for?" I ask and he looks at me.

"Alek is going to be so miserable with you not talking to him. He doesn't know where the candy store is." Trey says and laughs.

I push myself up. "I really want more candy even though we basically just ate the whole candy store." I say and Trey nods.

"Excuse me?" Says a male voice from behind us. I turn around to see a boy with black hair with a green highlight in it. His eyes are are very pretty blue. He looks very familiar.

Hmm...I never noticed that Alek and Trey are vampires, but their eyes aren't red and they don't change color.

Maybe it's not true about the eye thing. "Um, yes?" Trey says looking at the boy.

"My parents sent me to spend time with Aria." He says to us like we should know who his parents are.

"Um...and your parents are...?" I ask raising my eyebrow and he chuckles.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Alek hasn't told you about me? Huh...it figures. Anyways, my parents are the King and Queen."

"Oh, and why do you need to spend time with me?" I ask.

"Just so we can get to know each other." He says.

"Is Trey allowed to come?"

"Uh, no, sorry." He says, not really sorry.

I stand up and Trey just lies there. "Well, Trey, get your butt up!" I say, "You can't just lay here!"

I hold out my hand and help Trey up. I turn towards the boy and he gestures for me to follow him. I look back at Trey and he just shrugs. I follow the boy to a ballroom that looks like it hasn't been used in forever.

"So, Aria, I suppose you don't remember me..." He says looking up at me.

"You look very familiar actually...I just can't put my finger on it."

"My name is Maxus..." He says, looking at me hopefully.

Right when he looks at me like that, I remember. He was was best friend when I was 5. We were friends until I was 15, after that, I don't know what happened to him. I think I blocked out the memories for some reason.

"Om my god! Is it really you?" I ask.

He smiles and nods.

"What happened to you?" I ask and his smile disappears in an instant.

"Um, you know...royal princely problems..."

"Oh... It seems like every friend I have ever made has turned out to be some supernatural creature." I say and laugh.

"That's because your blood calls out to them and they want to get to know you."

"What? My blood? Why my blood, though?" I ask and before he can answer, Alek bursts through the doors.

Why does he keep doing that? It's seriously getting on my nerves.

"Aria! Get away from him! He's dangerous! You don't even know him. You just met him today and you're already alone with him?" Alek screams pulling me away. I yank my arm out of his grasp and back away.

I know it's immature, but I'm not going to talk to him until... He pulls out a piece of candy, holding it out to me. I look at him and he rolls his eyes.

"Yes, Trey got one too." He says and I smile grabbing the candy.

I put it in my mouth and Maxus chuckles. "I see you haven't gotten any less weird, Ari."

"What are you talking about, Max?" Alek asks looking at Max as if he's crazy.

I step in. "Alek...I didn't just meet Max today. We were best friends from age five to fifteen. Wait," I say turning to Max. "Didn't I call you..." He smiles. "Maxie!" I scream running up to him and hugging him.

"Woah, Ari! I'll gladly accept a hug, but let's not try and make your boyfriend too jealous over here. He's got a short temper." He says.

"I do not have a short temper!" Alek whines like a little kid. I laugh.

"Alek...go away. I'm going to spend time with Trey and Max." I say pulling Max out of the ballroom.

I go to Trey's room, grabbing Trey. I pull both Trey and Max outside. "Max! Guess what?" I say

"Uh, what?" He asks.

"Trey and I are Demi-gods!" I say and Max looks at me oddly. "Trey, show him your power...Now, Max... Trey is a son of Hades so what he's going to do is with the dead."

Trey says his Greek words and the skeletons rise out of the ground. I feel bad that we're showing Max this and we haven't even told Alek.

"Holy shit!" Max says standing behind me. I giggle.

"They're not going to harm you, man." Trey says and Max slowly comes out from behind me.

"See. It's cool, isn't it?" I ask smiling at the dead. Max nods looking at me.

"Well, then, what can you do?" He asks and Trey and I walk to the lake.

I turn to Max. "I am a daughter of Poseidon so I can control water and breathe underwater and all that crap."

I walk into the water and will it rise. I aim it at Max and a huge wave crashes down on him.

"Don't feel bad, dude. She did it to me the first time, too." Trey says picking Max up off the ground.

I smirk and throw water on Trey, too. Trey glares at me. "Hey! Everybody gets their fair share!"

Max laughs and Trey just grumbles. We walk back to the castle place and come face to face with Alek.

"I let you and Trey keep your secret, but then you tell Max before me?" Alek says.

"Did you see?" I ask and Alek nods.

"I say the whole thing. Trey is a demon and Aria, you're a freaking fish!" He says.

I laugh. A fish? He thinks I'm a fish? So now I'm a fish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments and votes are appreciated and taken seriously.

I love you, stay strong, stay perfect, you're worth it.

-Haley