Chapter 40-Gone

A Vampire's Mate

Chapter 40-Gone

Song- The Fire Down Below by Slaves (i think this song is perfect for this chapter bc i'm sure this is exactly what Alek was thinking)

Trey's POV

I had woken up on the grimy floor when I hear Alek screaming like a madman. I rub my hand down my face and drag myself to the doorway to peek in. When I look, I almost throw up what's left in my stomach.

Blood is flowing from Aria's wrists like there's no tomorrow and she's got a bruise in the shape of a hand on her neck. She's got burn marks all over her body, leading up into her clothes and she's writhing on the floor. I close my eyes tight and breathe deeply.

I open my eyes, hoping to wake up from a terrible nightmare. Nothing changes. I look at Aria and she's stopped moving completely. I sit there in shock. She can't be dead. She can't be! Blake smiles creepily and strides over to Alek.

Alek's face is void of emotion. He's just staring at Aria's body on the floor. Alek falls from the wall and onto the floor. Blake steps on Alek's wrist and I can hear it crack. I wince and Alek cries out.

"I'll kill you! I'll freaking kill you!" Alek spits at Blake.

"Oh, that wouldn't be very nice." I raise an eyebrow and Blake turns around to look at Aria. "I'm a pretty good hypocrite, if I do say so myself." Blake says and laughs.

Alek's POV

"It's time to let my mind go

And I'm willing to fade away with you

If this is how I'm saved then let it be

Take the air from my lungs

Put it in hers because

She's the one who deserves to live

The one that I pray that God forgives

Open your eyes

You deserve better

Now give it your all

Take the air from my lungs

Put it in hers because

She's the one who deserves to live

The one that I pray that God forgives

Why can't my words keep us afloat?

And if we drown, let me make it for you

I never knew love until you

I never felt love until you

Why's it coming unglued?"

Trey's POV

Blake stops laughing and looks towards Alek again. Alek's eyes widen and he starts choking and his eyes turn bright red. As he lay on the floor, he turns his face to look at Aria. He smiles, as if he's not in pain, and he mouths 'I love you' to her. He reaches out and carresses her face. He lets out one single tear and in the next second, he's gone.

A/N Sucks, doesn't it? It makes me want to cry each time I read it. Guys, please don't be mad at me! It had to be done, to get emotions swirling in you guys. I sorry to be one of those authors, but... I can't help what happens to my characters. Please

Fan!

Vote!

Comment!

I love you, stay strong, stay perfect, you're worth it.

-Haley